Step 1- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete your FAFSA and make sure Palomar’s Federal school code is listed (001260). For California Dream Act, please go to https://dream.csac.ca.gov/. You and, if you are a Dependent student, your parents, will need to set up separate passwords. This will allow you to save your work and make changes before you submit the FAFSA and enter any corrections that are needed after you submit it.
To apply for financial aid for Fall 2021 – Summer 2022: Complete the 2021/2022 FAFSA/Dream Act (using 2019 income)
Step 2- Check your MyPalomar and student email account
Your Palomar College MyPalomar account is very important during this process. Make sure your Palomar College email is activated as soon as possible. The Financial Aid office will only communicate to you through your Palomar email address, regardless of you having a personal email address on file. This includes notifications of the status of your FAFSA/Dream Act, missing documents, financial aid awards, and other messages from the Financial Aid Office.
- To check your student email account, sign onto MyPalomar, click on the Welcome tab and you will either see “Activate Student Email” or “Auto Login Email”.
Step 3- Check your To-Do List in the MyPalomar Student Center
To see if the Financial Aid office needs any additional information:
- Sign into your MyPalomar account, click on Student Center and view your “To Do” list. The “To Do” list is located on the right side of your Student Center page.
- Click on Details
- Click on each item and there will be a short description
- If it is a form for you to fill out, click on the FORM link in the description
- For 2021/2022 To Do list – Most of your verification documents will be submitted electronically via CampusLogic
- Anything marked “Initiated”, “Notified” or “2nd Notification” requires immediate action from the student.
Keep checking your Palomar email account for updates. We will email you on your Palomar email account if any additional information is needed and/or when your file is complete.
Step 4- Monitor your Financial Aid Awards on your MyPalomar Student Center
To check your Awards:
- Sign into your MyPalomar account and click on Student Center
- Scroll to “My Finances and Financial Assistance”
- Click on “View Financial Aid” and click on appropriate aid year