In the Facilities Department’s ongoing effort to maintain and enhance the College, scheduled work that involves a change in the campus environment affecting our departments, students and staff will occur.
For specific information on individual notifications, please contact the person listed on the notification. Please call the Facilities Office at x2629 for general information.
Bookmark our page for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information available.
« Temporary Overflow Parking Lot Closed Effective Tuesday, 2/20/18 – posted 2/15/18
Please be advised the temporary overflow parking lot located next to the Softball Field will be closed effective Tuesday, February 20, 2018. The lot will only be open for home Softball games.
Please contact Derrick Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 3677, if you have any questions or concerns.
« Graffiti Reporting: – updated 5/16/15
The Facilities Office receives a lot of phone calls and emails from employees reporting graffiti on our campuses. Please refer to the following paragraph regarding the reporting process:
Graffiti is an eyesore. It is costly, destructive, and is against the law (California Penal Code 594.2). Palomar College is committed to a prompt response to graffiti that occurs on campus and requests that all departments and individuals on campus promptly notify Campus Police at extension 2289 or 760/891-7273. Once a report has been issued, Campus Police will e-mail the report to the Facilities Office who will dispatch the appropriate tradesperson.
« Environmental Health & Safety Cart Operations Reminder – updated 5/16/15
ATTENTION ALL DISTRICT AUTHORIZED CART OPERATORS
Please remember that all carts must refrain from driving on the main sidewalk during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Exemptions are the Disability Resource Center (transporting students) and Health Services personnel (during emergencies only)
Please utilize Comet Circle from the top of campus (near the RS Buildings to the PAC Building) or the Fire Lane (near the NS Building to the O-Building).
Please remember also to:
- Give right-of-way to ALL foot traffic
- The speed limit for carts shall be no faster than pedestrian traffic
- Cart operators are to pay particular attention to the needs of disabled persons, as limitation in vision, hearing or mobility may impair their ability to see, hear or move out of the way of the carts
- Car operators are not to block the path or limit pedestrian access
- AT NO TIME AT ALL, are carts allowed to drive on the lawns — this is especially true for the area between the buildings of AA/ST and MD.
- Do not operate or park a cart on a sidewalk unless there is enough room for an ADA device to pass
- The use of earphones, earplugs, headsets, cellular phones (including texting), and portable radios are prohibited while driving
With the increased congestion in both vehicular and pedestrian traffic, safety and caution are absolutely critical.
When driving maintenance carts on campus, please do not drive along the sidewalks:
- Behind the DA Building to and from the NS Building. This is a pedestrian sidewalk not an established access route for carts. To reach the NS Building, please enter from the Comet Circle side to the driveway access.
- Side portion of the HS Building. This is a pedestrian sidewalk not an established access route for carts.
REMEMBER, the pedestrian always has the right of way!