Fiscal Services is a Finance and Administrative Services unit providing service in the key areas: Budget Office, Accounting and Reporting, Payroll, Student Financials/Cashiering Services, Accounts Payable, Prop M Bond Accounting, and PeopleSoft FSCM Functional Support Services.
We are responsible for the fiscal management of District funds and serving as a hub for the collection, processing, and dissemination of financial and budgetary information on behalf of the College and its community.
Our team’s mission is to promote the District’s financial health, transparency, and operational efficiency in support of student success.
- 10/28/20 – CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Student Portion: $3,851,421 for emergency financial aid grants to students. Application for student grants is available on the student’s MyPalomar account.
- 10/28/20 – CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Institutional Portion: $3,851,431 for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus
- 10/28/20 – CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Minority Serving Institution: $521,329 – additional relief funds
- 10/28/20 – CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF): $877,342 for necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency that was not accounted for in the budget as of March 27, 2020.
- 10/28/20 – PROP 98 COVID-19 Response Block Grant: $1,076,948 to support student learning and mitigate learning loss related to the pandemic
- 09/08/20 – MEMO – Update on COVID-19 Relief Funds (FAS 21-01)
- 09/08/20 – PRESENTATION – Update on COVID-19 Relief Fund
FORM – COVID-19 Resource Request
PUBLICATIONS FROM THE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE:
Student Attendance Accounting Manual (SAAM) Provides statutory and regulatory guidelines on student workload measurements for apportionment purposes and residency issues
California Community Colleges Budget and Accounting Manual Provides guidance on accounting and budgeting from the Chancellor’s Office
Student Fee Handbook Reflects pertinent formal and informal legal opinions regarding student fees
Contracted District Audit Manual (CDAM) Provides guidance for the content of the annual audit report and required audit procedures for state compliance
INFORMATION ON FEDERAL PROGRAMS
eCFR – Electronic Code of Federal Regulations Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance U.S. General Services Administration
System for Award Management Website Verification of vendor suspension and debarment
Education Department General Administrative Regulations EDGAR Presented for the North County Educational Purchasing Consortium
Commercial Warrants Claims Manual San Diego County Office of Education
Guide to Bidding and Contracting San Diego County Office of Education
Associated Student Body FCMAT Accounting Manual, Fraud Prevention Guide, and Desk Reference
Government Auditing Standards U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), commonly known as the “Yellow Book”
Governmental Audit Quality Center AICPA provides updates on regulations and audit requirements
COSO Website Provides internal control guidance
Title 5 California Code of Regulations