Palomar College Cashier’s Office
Important Information (updated 9/7/21):
MTS Transit passes are available through your MyPalomar Student Center. For more information, please visit our MTS information page.
- $130 for the semester pass
- Valid through 12/31/21
- Digital Pass available with the Pronto App
- Students must have Student Activity Card to purchase
Checks on Hold with the Cashier’s Office- If you have a check on hold at the Cashier’s Office currently, and would like it mailed to you, please email the Cashier’s Office at email@example.com from your Palomar Student Email account and include your Student ID. Please note that checks will be sent out once weekly to the mailing address on file with the college.
Missing a check- If you are missing a check and would like to request a reissue, please visit our forms page, complete the form with as much information as you have (name, ID, check amount, signature, etc.) and send it from your Palomar Student email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments- Payments are accepted online and by check or money order through the Mail. Instructions on how to make a credit card or ACH payment online can be found here. When paying online, you can pay the full balance on your account or pay by term- partial payments for specific amounts cannot be accepted. Payments made online will apply to the students’ account immediately. Receipts for online payments will be emailed to your student email address. To mail in a check or money order payment, please mail it to- Palomar College Cashier’s Office- 1140 West Mission Road, San Marcos, CA 92069. All checks and money orders should be made out to Palomar College and should include your student ID. Payments sent via mail will be applied weekly to the student’s account and a receipt will be sent to the mailing address on file.
For Staff- Departmental Receipts- Departmental Receipts will be accepted and processed as needed and as availability allows. Should you have a Departmental Receipt to turn in, please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
The Cashiers/Student Financials Office strives to provide quality service and information by maintaining accurate student financial records and communicating policies and information to students concerning their accounts. It is the function of the Cashiers/Student Financials Office to accept and process all payments and deposits made to Palomar College. The Cashier’s Office also assists with:
- Fee and Payment Information
- Refunding of Student Payments
- Mailing Financial Aid checks
- Student Activity Cards
- Discounted Transportation Passes- MTS
- Past Due Accounts (COTOP)
- 1098-T Tax Forms
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Checks and Money orders made payable to Palomar College (be certain to annotate the student ID # in the memo section of your check)
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express Credit Cards
- ACH if paying for services online.
- Payment Plan administered by Nelnet Business Solutions (available at the start of each semester’s registration period). Visit the Nelnet Payment Plan Info Page for additional information.
Payment Plan – Fall 2021
Palomar College’s Fall 2021 payment plan will be available on May 3, 2021 when enrollment begins. Below are the payment plan options available. Visit http://mycollegepaymentplan.com/palomar/ for more information. If you have a balance for a past term, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our Past Due Payment Plan.
To sign up for the payment plan, log in to your MyPalomar Account. Select Student Center. Under “My Finances and Financial Assistance,” there is a box titled Account Summary. Directly underneath the box is a link to sign up for the payment plan.
For detailed information on the Palomar College Refund Policy, please click here.
A student must officially drop or withdraw from a class by the published refund deadline. The following fees are subject to refund: enrollment, health, and non-resident tuition. If the college cancels a class, students will receive a refund automatically.
Parking Permit refunds can be requested by calling Credentials’ Solutions at 847-716-3005. For questions regarding Parking Permit refunds, please contact the Police Department at 760-744-1150 x 3499.
Students who paid for classes prior to receiving a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) will receive a refund after the semester refund deadline. For information related to waiver of enrollment fees, contact the Palomar College Financial Aid Office.
The Cashier’s Office is responsible for the following:
- Student refunds
- Internal Revenue Service Form 1098-T (Student Tuition Payment Statement)
- Financial Aid check disbursements
- Spring, Summer and Fall 2021 Registration Timetable
- Summer 2021 through Spring 2022 Academic Calendar
- Summer and Fall 2020 Registration Timetable.
- Summer 2020 through Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
- For the deadline dates that apply to your classes, click on the deadline icon next to your class in your MyPalomar class schedule.
Page Updated 09/07/21- CS