Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success

Refund Policy

A student must officially drop or withdraw from a class by the published deadlines in order to receive credit.  No refunds or waivers will be granted for drops after the refund deadline, unless the class is cancelled by the College.   Not attending classes does not warrant a refund or waiver of fees.  Dropping classes is the student’s responsibility.   There is no prorated refund schedule.  Classes dropped within the refund period are subject to refund of the following fees – enrollment, health, materials, and non-resident tuition.

Parking Permit refunds can be requested by calling Credentials’ Solutions at 847-716-3005. For questions regarding Parking Permit refunds, please contact the Police Department at 760-744-1150 x 3499.

Students who paid for classes prior to receiving a CCPG waiver will receive a refund once the waiver is processed and posted to the student’s account.  For information related to waiver of enrollment fees, contact the Palomar College Financial Aid Office.

Important Deadlines

For deadlines, refer to the Summer 2019 Class Schedule.

Automatic Refund Process

Refunds will be processed periodically beginning the fourth week of the semester.  Refunds will be processed automatically for:

  • Credit amounts of $1 or more
  • Cancelled classes
  • CCPG Waiver reimbursements (Note: CCPG only waives enrollment fees; other mandatory fees are not waived.)

Students will receive a refund in the form of original payment, excluding cash.  If payment was made by credit card, the refund will be credited back to the credit card used.  If payment was made by cash or check, the refund check will be mailed to the student’s address of record.   Students must ensure that their correct mailing address is on file with the Admissions Office.  Submit a Student Data Change form to Admissions to update your student record.

Refunds cannot be carried forward for credit to the next semester registration. Refunds are processed after all fees or obligations owed to the College are met.

Military Tuition Assistance Refunds

For students using the Tuition Assistance program through the Military, and in accordance with Title IV of the Department of Education Section 484B (Institutional Refunds), if a student drops a course after the refund period but before 60% of the term length, Palomar College will:

  • Calculate the percentage of earned tuition by dividing the total number of calendar days comprising the payment period or period of enrollment for which assistance is awarded into the number of calendar days completed in that period as of the day the student withdrew.
  • Invoice the Department of Defense the amount of earned tuition. The remaining balance will then be the responsibility of the student to pay the college.
  • Report the applicable grade onto the student’s WebTA Portal.
  • If any tuition had been paid by the Department of Defense on behalf of the student for the course, the college will reimburse the Department of Defense the amount of unearned tuition as it pertains to Title IV of the Department of Education Section 484B (a)(3)(B) PERCENTAGE EARNED.
  • In accordance with Title IV of the Department of Education Section 484B (Institutional Refunds), if a student drops a course 60% of the term length or later, the student will have earned 100% of funds. Therefore, Palomar College will invoice the full amount of tuition to the Department of Defense and the applicable grade will be posted onto the student’s WebTA Portal.

Military Withdrawal Policy: Members of an active or reserve military service who receive orders compelling a withdrawal from courses will be permitted withdrawal at any time during the semester. Upon verification of such orders, the grade symbol MW will be assigned after the “no notation” period. The MW will not be counted in progress probation or dismissal calculations and will not have any adverse effect on the student academic record or enrollment status. Upon petition, the student will also receive a refund of the entire enrollment fee.

For more information on the Military Tuition Assistance process, please click here.