- Identify as a current or former foster youth that was in foster care on or after your 13th birthday for at least one day
- Submit a Verification of Dependency Letter documenting foster care placement
- Enroll in at least six units per semester
The Dependency Letter states when the student first entered foster care and the end date or current status as a foster youth. A Dependency Letter can be provided by a social/case worker, county office, or by contacting the Foster Care Ombudsman’s office at 1-877-846-1602.
- Complete the FYRST Program Intake form AND provide a Dependency Letter
- Submit to the EOPS Office and make an appointment to meet the FYRST Counselor by contacting EOPS at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2449
How can I get more information?
Contact the FYRST Counselor/Coordinator at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2511 or the EOPS Office at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2449