Scholarships and Grants
- Apply for John Burton Foundation (no deadline)
- Apply for the Chaffe Grant (no deadline)
- Apply for Just in Time Scholarships and resources (College Bound Program Deadline 5/1/2017 ) Reopens 2/1/2018
- San Diego Foundation Common Scholarships (Application opens December 1st)
- Independent Living Skills Scholarship. (no deadline please come into offices ST-25 or ST-34 for applications)
- Dollars for Scholars Fostering Opportunities Scholarship (Fall – postmarked no later than June 30th.Spring – postmarked no later than October 10th.)
- Promises 2 Kids Guardian Scholars Scholarship
- Cal Coast Cares Foundation Scholarships (deadlines March 11, 2017)
On Campus Resources
- Counseling Services Division
- Extended Opportunities Program & Services
- Disability Resource Center
- Summer Bridge Program
- First Year Experience
- Teaching and Learning Center workshops
- On campus tutoring
- Math Learning Center
- Writing Center
- Career Center
- Health Services
Off Campus Resources & Housing
Starfish Foundation San Diego (Helps transition foster youth achieve self-sufficiency by providing low interest rate loans for automobile purchases, apartment security deposits and credit building.)
- Recourse hub for transactional foster youth
Independent Living Skills/YMCA
- THP-Plus & THP Foster Care Orientations: contact the Housing Specialist at 619-521-2250 extention 3823 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss eligibility and to schedule a program orientation.
- Call the Housing Specialist at (619) 221-8600 ext. 2254 to discuss eligibility and to schedule a program orientation.
- For program enrollment call (760) 842-6224
- Operates multiple programs aimed at developing trust with homeless people ages 12-24 in order to help them achieve self-sufficiency.
- Email Info@DoorsOfChange.org for more information
- Urban Career Pathways is a program that provides opportunities to eligible 18-24 year olds to gain meaningful training and paid work experience in high-demand jobs. Participants will work with staff to help identify and achieve academic, professional, and personal goals while navigating one of our 3 pathways: Social &Human Services, Child Development, and Specialty Foods & Microbreweries.
- Contact 619-281-8313 for more information
- For questions regarding program call Melissa @ 885-936-7837