Goal One: Increase academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education.
Objective 1.1: Increase student enrollment in rigorous courses that reflect challenging academic standards.
- Enrollment in Pre-Algebra by the end of 8th grade.
- Enrollment in Algebra 1 by the end of 9th grade.
- Two years beyond Algebra 1 by the end of 12th grade.
- An AP/IB course by the end of 12th grade.
Objective 1.2: Increase student knowledge and demonstration of necessary academic preparation for college.
- On track for graduation.
- PSAT participation by the end of 10th grade.
- SAT participation by the end of 11th grade.
- 3.0 un-weighted GPS or higher by the 11th grade.
- Math test proficiency.
- English test proficiency.
Goal Two: Increase High School graduation and participation in postsecondary education.
Objective 2.1: Increase High School graduation rates.
- Average daily attendance.
- On-time promotion.
- Four-year cohort High School graduation.
Objective 2.2: Student enrollment and success in postsecondary education.
- College enrollment rates.
- Placement into college-level math and English courses.
- On track to graduate college.
Goal Three: Increase GEAR UP students’ and their families’ knowledge of post-secondary education options, preparation, and financing.
Objective 3.1: Increase educational expectations.
- Parent participation in activities for academically preparing students for college.
- Students expectations of graduating High School.
- Student expectations of earning a college degree.
Objective 3.2: Students’ knowledge of and access to financial assistance for post-secondary education.
- Knowledge of financial aid and costs/benefits of post-secondary education.
- Application for financial aid.