Paul P. McNamara
B.A., Literature, University of Wisconsin
Trustee, Palomar College Governing Board, 2010
- Retired Marine Corps Colonel
- Designated Naval Aviator and Latin American Foreign Area Officer
- Diplomatic duty in Mexico
- Worldwide assignments and commands
- Held management positions as PM, VP, and COO of Technology companies with focus on Information Architecture and Unmanned Systems. Served as GM and COO for two Native American corporations. Served as GM and Owner of a SDVOSB Technical Services company.
- Currently Executive Director of the Marine Corps Recruit Depot Museum Foundation
Born in Philadelphia, Paul had assignments in many parts of the United States and overseas. He returned from assignment in Mexico to start his second residence in California in 1998. While he is not a native of California, he is often heard repeating a bumper sticker of the late 80s - "not a native, but I got here as soon as I could." He is an active Board member of the Escondido Rotary Club and former Board member of the Rotary Club Foundation, Escondido Charitable Foundation, and Girls Inc of San Diego. He is a member of the Escondido Chamber of Commerce, and a life member of several organizations including the Eagle Scout Alumni Association, Disabled American Veterans, the Marine Corps Association, the Marine Corps Aviation Association and the Marine Corps Historical Society.