- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Program of Organizations & Policy Studies with Bilingual/Bicultural Specialization, University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.Ed. in Inner City Education, Loyola Marymount University
- B.A. in Sociology/Chicano Studies, Loyola Marymount University
- A.A. in Sociology, Imperial Valley Community College
- Elected to the Palomar Community College District Governing Board (2012) Re-elected (2016)
- President of the Board (2014-2015)
- President, CALCCTA (California Association of Latino Community College Trustees) (2013-2015)
- President, Route 78 Rotary (2016)
- Elected, Vice President, California Chapter: American Association of University Professors (AAUP) (2012-2014)
- Elected, Secretary, California Faculty Association (2005-2015)
- Elected, Liaison to California Teachers Association (CTA) (2005-2015)
- Elected, Representative Assembly. National Education Association (NEA), Washington DC. (2006-2016)
- Professor of Education (retired), School of Education, CSU San Marcos.
- Active in State-wide and National educational organizations, including CFA, CTA, NEA, AAUP and CALCCTA.
- CALCCTA (California Association of Latino Community College Trustees)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- California Faculty Association (CFA)
- California Teachers Association (CTA)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
Viet Nam Veteran US Air Force 1967-1971. Born in Salinas, CA. Raised in Imperial Valley. Married 37 years to María dela Luz Reyes. Two adult children, five grandchildren.