- M.A. in Management, Claremont Graduate University - Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management
- B.S. in Business Administration, University of Redlands
- Elected to the Palomar Community College District Governing Board (2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014)
- President of the Governing Board (2015-16) (2010-11) (2006-07)
Various positions in aerospace engineering and manufacturing, management consulting, teaching and mortgage brokerage. Currently a Program Analyst with Northrop Grumman Corp. Unmanned Systems in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
- Community College League of California (CCLC)
- California Association of Latino Community College Trustees and Administrators (CALCCTA) - Treasurer (2014-Present) President (2012-2013)
- Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT)
Born in Los Angeles, CA; Married 43 years to Alicia; 2 adult children; 4 grandchildren.