- M.A. in Communications; emphasis in Mass Media
- B.A. in Communications; emphasis in Print Journalism
- Both degrees earned at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Multiple Association of California Community College Administrators (ACCCA) leadership institutes
- Trustee, Palomar College Governing Board, 2018
Norma is a community college advocate and leader. With nearly 30 years of community college experience, she served in various positions—a part- and full-time faculty member, a classified employee, a temporary employee, a mid-level academic director and as an Instructional Dean. Twenty-one of those years were proudly served at Palomar College. She also worked in several capacities as a marketing/public relations practitioner in North San Diego County.
- Community College League of California (CCLA)
- Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT)
- Art Enthusiast Member, Fallbrook Art Center
- Patron, Palomar Performing Arts Circle
- Member, Palomar College Retirees’ Association (PACRA)
Norma grew up in a Midwest family that valued education, a strong work ethic, and frugality. Those values still define her. She is married to Dr. Jack Miyamoto, also a retired college administrator; together they share a love and commitment to the community college mission. They enjoy the activities of their blended family of five adult children and their spouses, 12 grandchildren, one great-granddaughter, and a nephew and his family. They reside in Fallbrook with “their” child, Beau, a standard poodle who rules the roost!