Palomar College has a library of digital images. Stock photos of commencement, academic activities, and other events are regularly taken by our staff photographer. These images are all pre-approved for use on the College website, copyrighted and those that include likenesses have model release clearance. To review and obtain images to enhance your site, contact the Public Affairs Office, 760-744-1150, ext. 2365.
In order to use your own images on the Palomar College website, guidelines must be followed, as specified below. Images that do not meet the following standards will not be displayed or will be removed from the Palomar College website and social media sites.
- JPG/JPEG is the preferred format for posting photography online. When saving images as JPGs, the quality level of 60 for large images and 80 for small images will be sufficient for web reproduction.
- Images size and resolution should be as follows: The physical dimensions of images should be close to the desired size on the page and saved at 72 dpi. For example, a portrait of someone intended to accompany that person’s contact information might be sized at 1×2 inches, 72 dpi. A photo of a class special event might be sized at 4×5 inches, 72 dpi. Keeping the physical size of images close to the desired display size helps the images to download quickly.
- Any images used on the College website should enhance the overall brand and reputation of the College.
- Faculty, College personnel, and students must be portrayed in a respectful, professional and relevant manner.
- Images that are grainy, obviously altered or incorrectly processed will not be displayed or will be removed from the site.
- All images must meet the WCAG 2.0 Level A/AA accessibility standards for non-text content.