- WHO QUALIFIES: Permanent employees 50% contract or greater qualify for full time benefits. All part time faculty members are eligible for dental, vision, and Aflac benefits. Part time faculty members who work at least 45% contract over four consecutive semesters qualify for a chance to obtain medical benefits. Short term hourly, and student employees do not qualify for benefits.
- EMPLOYEE COST: Full time employee benefits are 100% District paid. Part time faculty dental, vision, and Aflac benefits are 100% employee paid. Part time faculty medical is 75% District paid and 25% employee paid, and the part time faculty cannot add any dependents to the medical plan. The Anthem Bronze Plan benefits are 100% employee paid.
- EFFECTIVE DATE: Full time employee medical, dental, vision, and long term care benefits are effective the first of the month following date of hire. Full time employee term life insurance is effective first of the month following 30 days of service. Full time employee long term disability benefits are effective the first of the month following 90 days of service. Part time faculty benefits are effective October 1st or April 1st of each year.
- ENROLLMENT & CHANGES: All employee enrollment, or changes, must be made within 30 days of the date of hire or life event. Due to insurance requirements changes outside this timeline cannot be accepted.
- DEPENDENT ELIGIBILITY: Children under the age of 26 are eligible dependents, full time student status is not required ( birth certificate/adoption certificate are required). Legal guardians are eligible dependents until they reach the age of 18 (guardianship documentation is required). Adult disabled children over the age of 26 are eligible dependents (birth certificate, disability certification, most recent tax form required). Domestic partners are eligible dependents (State Domestic Partnership Certificate required).
- FAMILY STATUS CHANGE/LIFE EVENTS: Gain or loss of other medical insurance coverage. Marriage, divorce, or dissolution of domestic partnership. Death of employee, spouse, or dependent. Birth or adoption of a dependent.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
PART TIME FACULTY BENEFITS
- MEDICAL PLAN ELIGIBILITY & COST (click here)
- KAISER DEDUCTIBLE HMO SUMMARY (click here)
- DENTAL, AND VISION ELIGIBILITY & COST (click here)
- DELTACARE USA SUMMARY (click here)
- EYEMED VISION SUMMARY (click here)
- AFLAC VOLUNTARY INSURANCE (click here) or call Paul Steinbrenner (760)845-7280
- 403(b)/457(b) INVESTMENT (click here)
The Palomar Benefits Committee provides input and recommendations to the District leadership regarding employee benefits, (click here) for more information.
For more information about benefits, please contact the Benefits Office at:
ext. 2889 Wendy Corbin
ext. 3053 Veronica Sadowski