Purpose of Program Review and Planning
The institution assesses progress toward achieving stated goals and makes decisions regarding the improvement of institutional effectiveness in an on-going and systematic cycle of evaluation, integrated planning resource allocation, implementation, and re-evaluation. Evaluation is based on analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data.
There are two types of forms: 1) Instructional, which includes either a set of comprehensive prompts or annual prompts depending upon where the discipline is in the review cycle; and 2) Non-instructional for units such as Divisions and non-instructional support areas.
Directions for Instructional PRPs
Note: Instructions for completing the Non-Instructional PRP form are embedded in the form itself. Please skip to “Forms” to access the Non-Instructional form.
To complete a program review, complete the steps below.
- Identify if you are completing a comprehensive or annual PRP. Instructional programs will complete either a Comprehensive or Annual PRP. Consult the Instructional Programs List of Comprehensive PRPs for this year to determine if you must complete a comprehensive review. If it is not listed, you will need to complete an Annual PRP. Departments have the option to complete an annual PRP in addition to their discipline PRPs. Non-Instructional areas will complete Non-Instructional PRP.
- Review the online training videos for helpful information on completing the PRP
- Access PRP Data and use as a part of your review
- Access Assessment Reports
(Instructions on running reports)
- Gather Labor Market Information
- Consult program goals from your previous Program Review Plans
You are able to save your progress on the form so that you can return to it later or share the link with others in order to collaborate.
When everything is complete, make sure to hit Submit!
2018-19 Timeline information (for all reviews)
|Training Videos released||March 13, 2019|
|Department Chairs get information on the official launch||March 14, 2019|
|Departments and Disciplines (with need for faculty prioritization) submit PRPs
Departments and Disciplines (without need for faculty prioritization) sumbmit PRPs
|April 8, 2019
April 15, 2019
|Dean Review of PRPs||April 19, 2019|
|IPC mini-groups review and submit comments||April 29, 2019|
|Departments may make changes per feedback||May 6, 2019|
|VPI review of PRPs||May 24, 2019|
Instructions for the Reviewers (Deans, IPC groups and VPI)
- You will receive an email when the program review is available to be reviewed
- Go to the link provided in the email
- Review the PRP and make comments in document as necessary
- In the email you received you will have an option to approve or reject the PRP
- Once you click approve or reject, a website will automatically open (you may need to login to Microsoft using your PALOMAR email address and password)
- You can now provide a comment and click confirm.
- The document will then move on to the next step!