Information Services is a department within the Finance and Administrative Services Division of Palomar Community College District.
We serve students, faculty, staff, administrators and our community through high quality technical support, information systems and services.
We take pride in our role as a strategic partner with the District’s academic divisions, administrative and service departments, and with individuals, to advance institutional goals through student-centered technology solutions.
- Friday June 12, 2020 between midnight and 6:00 a.m. Internet service will be unavailable on site at Escondido Center, Rancho Bernardo Center, and CCC Tech Connect offices, while regional maintenance is performed by CENIC (the internet service provider for California community colleges and other state educational institutions). Internet service at the San Marcos campus, access to shared network folders, access to Canvas and MS 365 (including Palomar College email and MS Teams) is not expected to be impacted by this outage, although brief outages of some services are possible.
- Saturday June 20, 2020 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MyPalomar and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions will be unavailable while system maintenance is performed.
- Every Friday 10:00 p.m. through Saturday 6:00 a.m. Palomar College information systems are subject to outages for routine maintenance.
Disaster Recovery Plan
Computer and Technology Inventory (employee login required)
Computer and Network Use — SUMMARY of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720:
Palomar Community College District’s policy requires all users of Palomar computers, network services and related technologies to:
- Respect software copyrights and licenses
- Protect your username and password
- Use District technology resources lawfully and responsibly, respecting the rights of others
In addition, Palomar Community College District reminds all users that:
- District technology resources may not be used for commercial purposes or partisan political activities
- District software or equipment may not be removed or altered without District authorization
- Confidential employee and student records are subject to the District’s privacy, records management and retention policies. However, other data stored on devices or transported by the District’s network, email, telecommunications or other technology services is not private and may be accessed by the District in the course of doing business.
For the full text of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720, refer to the District Policies and Procedures on the Palomar Community College District’s Governing Board’s website: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/governingboard/.