Information Services is a department within the Finance and Administrative Services Division of Palomar Community College District.
We serve students, faculty, staff, administrators and our community through high quality technical support, information systems and services.
We take pride in our role as a strategic partner with the District’s academic divisions, administrative and service departments, and with individuals, to advance institutional goals through student-centered technology solutions.
- Thursday October 22, 2020 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Unplanned Power Outage Just prior to 8:00 a.m. SDG&E experienced an unplanned power outage in the vicinity of Palomar College that impacted access to on-campus resources including remote connections to computer labs or to on-campus office computers. This outage did not impact access to Canvas, MyPalomar, Zoom, myIT.palomar.edu, email or other internet-based services. As of 10:00 a.m., service was restored.
- Saturday October 17, 2020 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and MyPalomar – Scheduled Outage PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and MyPalomar (student portal) was unavailable while required system maintenance was performed. Canvas, Microsoft 365, Virtual Computer Labs, internet and network services and other District software systems were not impacted by this outage.
- Every Friday 10:00 p.m. through Saturday 6:00 a.m. Palomar College information systems are subject to outages for routine maintenance.
Computer and Technology Inventory (employee login required)
Computer and Network Use — SUMMARY of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720:
Palomar Community College District’s policy requires all users of Palomar computers, network services and related technologies to:
- Respect software copyrights and licenses
- Protect your username and password
- Use District technology resources lawfully and responsibly, respecting the rights of others
In addition, Palomar Community College District reminds all users that:
- District technology resources may not be used for commercial purposes or partisan political activities
- District software or equipment may not be removed or altered without District authorization
- Confidential employee and student records are subject to the District’s privacy, records management and retention policies. However, other data stored on devices or transported by the District’s network, email, telecommunications or other technology services is not private and may be accessed by the District in the course of doing business.
For the full text of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720, refer to the District Policies and Procedures on the Palomar Community College District’s Governing Board’s website: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/governingboard/.