The Information Services department serves students, faculty, staff, administrators and our community through high quality technical support and proactive leadership in institutional information systems and services.
We take pride in our role as a strategic partner advancing technology within the District’s academic divisions, administrative and service departments in support of the institutional mission.
- 11/11/2020 – PeopleSoft Test and Dev environments outage PeopleSoft test and development environments may experience temporary outages on Wednesday November 11, 2020 between 7:30am to 12:00pm due to data center maintenance.
- 11/11/2020-Department Share Maintenance All department shares will be unavailable on Wednesday November 11, 2020 between 1:00pm and 4:00pm due to maintenance activity.
- Thursday October 29, 2020 10:00 a.m. Canvas Issues Some Canvas users may have experienced problems accessing Canvas or may have found some data missing once logged in (including student enrollments, grades). These issues were not unique to Palomar College but were caused by server problems at Instructure (Canvas vendor). While most problems have been resolved, there are a few remaining issues. Please contact Academic Technology Resource Center for Canvas technical support.
- Tuesday October 27, 2020 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Unplanned Outage Access to VMware Horizon, a cloud service that provides remote access to virtual desktops, virtual and on-site student lab computers, phone services, call centers and on-site office computers, was disrupted early this morning. Service was restored at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday October 26, 2020 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Unplanned Power Outage On Monday in response to weather conditions, SDG&E initiated a power outage in the vicinity of the Palomar College Fallbrook Education Center that impacted access to on-campus resources including remote connections to Fallbrook office computers. This outage did not impact access to Canvas, MyPalomar, Zoom, myIT.palomar.edu, email or other internet-based services. SDG&E restored service at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday October 22, 2020 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Unplanned Power Outage Just prior to 8:00 a.m. SDG&E experienced an unplanned power outage in the vicinity of Palomar College that impacted access to on-campus resources including remote connections to computer labs or to on-campus office computers. This outage did not impact access to Canvas, MyPalomar, Zoom, myIT.palomar.edu, email or other internet-based services. As of 10:00 a.m., service was restored.
- Saturday October 17, 2020 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and MyPalomar – Scheduled Outage PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and MyPalomar (student portal) was unavailable while required system maintenance was performed. Canvas, Microsoft 365, Virtual Computer Labs, internet and network services and other District software systems were not impacted by this outage.
- Every Friday 10:00 p.m. through Saturday 6:00 a.m. Palomar College information systems are subject to outages for routine maintenance.
Computer and Technology Inventory (employee login required)
Computer and Network Use — SUMMARY of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720:
Palomar Community College District’s policy requires all users of Palomar computers, network services and related technologies to:
- Respect software copyrights and licenses
- Protect your username and password
- Use District technology resources lawfully and responsibly, respecting the rights of others
In addition, Palomar Community College District reminds all users that:
- District technology resources may not be used for commercial purposes or partisan political activities
- District software or equipment may not be removed or altered without District authorization
- Confidential employee and student records are subject to the District’s privacy, records management and retention policies. However, other data stored on devices or transported by the District’s network, email, telecommunications or other technology services is not private and may be accessed by the District in the course of doing business.
For the full text of Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3720, refer to the District Policies and Procedures on the Palomar Community College District’s Governing Board’s website: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/governingboard/.