Today in class I divided the 80 student class into groups to work collaboratively on a Google Drive Presentation about two videos they watched, The Science of Sex Appeal and Life’s Greatest Miracle. To create a class collaborative presentation follow these steps:
- Create a Presentation in Google Drive
- Go to drive.google.com
- Create a Presentation
- Click on the blue “share” button and set the presentation to share with “anyone with the link” and be sure to set it so that anyone with the link can edit (the default is that they can view, you must change it to edit).
- Make a title slide and a slide for each group to use
- Title slide
- Put the title of the presentation
- Include a tiny url to the document (this makes it easy for students to access it)
- Go to http://tinyurl.com/
- copy the url of the presentation and paste it into the tiny url box. You can now just click create tiny url, or you can make a custom tiny url with your presentation title.
- Group slides
- Create a slide for each group. You can number them or identify the slides by topics. This makes it easy for each group to identify the slide they are editing.
- Title slide
- Watch live as all groups work on one collaborative presentation!
- You will be able to see the work they are all doing at the same time
- Once the presentation is complete each group presents their slide.
This is a fun way to get the entire class involved and move quickly between groups!