Degrees in Kinesiology, Health, and Nutrition
Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement, performance, and function. In this degree program you will take courses that address the physiological, mechanical and psychological components of exercise.
Palomar College Degrees:
- Palomar College Associate of Arts for Transfer (AAT) in Kinesiology
- Palomar College Associate of Arts in Kinesiology (review college catalog for requirements)
- Palomar College Certificate of Completion in Adult Fitness and Health (review college catalog for requirements)
Bachelor’s Degree programs in Kinesiology:
For more information on a degree in Kinesiology take a look at some local Universities that offer the degree:
The U.S Department of Labor provides us with the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), which is helpful to learn about to numerous different occupations. Below are several occupations related to health, wellness, and fitness. When viewing these occupations you can learn about the Knowlege, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) for the occupation, the projected job growth, and the degrees or certifications necessary.
- Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
- Recreation and Fitness Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
- Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
- Exercise Physiologists
- Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Athletic Trainers
- Health Educators
Would you like to become a certified personal trainer, group exercise instructor, or wellness coach? There are many different certification options.