- Beginning with the Spring 2021 semester Palomar College Library will begin scanning a limited number of pages for textbooks to be used that term under 2 conditions:
- if the class is offered online, and
- if there’s no alternate means of acquiring a library copy of the textbook in electronic format
- We can do so for textbooks already held in our San Marcos Collection. If our San Marcos Library does not own a copy of your textbook, we can use a copy that you provide and will return it to you after scanning has been completed.
- To request scanning of a personal copy of the textbook, please email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org with that information. We will contact you directly within 2 business days to arrange for delivery of your personal copy and for return of the item.
- The scanned portion of the textbook is intended for the students to use before the students purchase or rent their textbook.
- The scanned textbook should be posted in Instructor Canvas shells and be available only for students currently enrolled in those class sections.
Option 1: The library can scan first two week’s reading, or 10% of the textbook, whichever is greater.
Option 2: If you need more than the above amount scanned, please complete a Fair Use Assessment form. Use the Comments section of the request form to include a link to your completed form (our form does not currently allow file attachments).
Turnaround and Delivery
- All scanned materials will be emailed to your Palomar College email.
- We’ll need 48 to 72 hours to fulfill your request.
- Requests are not filled on weekends, non-instructional days, nor holidays.
Making your Request
Use the form below to complete your request by providing the following information