General Regulations Pertaining to all Study Rooms
Group study rooms are located on the 3rd floor of the Library.
- Study Rooms are for the exclusive use of currently enrolled Palomar College students for collaborative study and group projects.
- Beginning Fall 2017 – these rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours (non-renewable) by groups of 2 or more people by contacting staff at the Circulation Desk (760-744-1150 ext. 2612). Self-registration (e.g. times written on the schedule by users) is not allowed.
- All study room use is on a first-come first-served basis. However, priority is given to academic activities.
- Personal property must not be left unattended in study rooms. Leaving property in a study room does not reserve that study room for later use.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for damaged or stolen property.
- Library staff may move unattended materials to the Lost and Found at the second floor circulation desk.
- College staff may enter any study room at any time.
- Furniture must not be moved.
- Staff may ask study room users to leave for violations such as:
Violation of the food or drink policy.
Moving or disconnecting equipment.
Using study room for personal activities such as video games or other entertainment.
Abuse of furniture or equipment. Persons who misuse or abuse the equipment or furniture will be denied access and may face academic sanctions and/or criminal prosecution.