Take a look at what’s coming up in the ARTstor image database at Palomar College:
- ARTstor is collaborating with Sites and PhotosARTstor to share approximately 90,000 images documenting the ancient world, including Classical, Megalithic, Islamic, Crusader, and Gothic archaeology and architecture, as well as Greek and Roman painting, sculpture, mosaics, and decorative arts. Learn more
- Now available in ARTstor: Mali and Yemen sites and architectureARTstor has collaborated with James Conlon to add more than 850 contemporary photographs to the Digital Library, depicting architecture and cultural sites and objects in Mali and Yemen.
To access ARTstor, go to Online Research Databases and select it from the list. If you are a Palomar College student or staff, you may login off-campus with a Palomar ID and password.
Take a look at what’s new in the ARTstore art image database at Palomar College:
- ARTstor and the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University are collaborating to make available 154,000 images of Pre-Columbian, African, Native North American, and Oceanic archaeological objects and ethnographic artifacts from the Peabody Museum’s permanent collection. Learn more
- The Erich Lessing Culture and Fine Arts Archives will make available more than 13,000 images of world art and architecture through ARTstor Digital Library, including 4,000 images documenting the art and architecture in Asia and the Middle East.Learn more
- ARTstor has partnered with Heritage Preservation to share approximately 300 images of community murals in the United States through the Digital Library. Learn more
- African art and field photographyARTstor is collaborating with Christopher D. Roy to share approximately 4,000 images of African art and culture in the Digital Library. Learn more
- Asian art from Ohio UniversityOhio University has partnered with ARTstor to share approximately 3,500 images of art works and objects from Northern Vietnam. Learn more
To access these and other images in the ARTstor database, go to Online Research Databases and select “ARTstor” from the list. If you are a Palomar College student or staff, you may login off-campus with a Palomar ID and password.
The Library provides many online tools that help you find books and articles at Palomar College or other nearby libraries:
- For searching and gathering documents across multiple databases, try our federated search engine. One nice feature is the ability to simultaenously search the library book catalogs of Palomar, MiraCosta, CSUSM, SDSU, USD, UCSD, San Diego County Library system, and our online e-book collection. Select Library Books & Media at the search screen.
- If you’re want to locate a specific journal, magazine, or newspaper, search our periodical website. This quickly tells you whether we have it online or in hardcopy. It also lets you connect to most online articles right away (for hardcopy titles, it will tell you which issues we have on the shelf).
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Request an interlibrary loan (see post below).
These tools may be used in the Library or from any on-campus computer. Off-campus or through the campus wireless network requires a Palomar e-services or network login. More…
Contact Tamara Weintraub, Serials Librarian, with any questions, comments, or recommendations.
The calendar for Library Instruction sessions is filling quickly. If you want your class to have an instruction session, tailored to your needs, please complete this form. Our librarians will work with you to make certain your students learn to use the library databases and other information resources. Questions about this process? Please contact Katy French (firstname.lastname@example.org)