San Marcos, CA (December 7, 2017) – All campus sites in the Palomar Community College District will be closed and classes cancelled on Thursday evening, Dec. 7 and Friday, December 8 all day and evening due to wildfires within the District. Campus events during this time period are also canceled for all sites and facilities.
Superintendent/President Dr. Joi Lin Blake said, “The safety and security of our campus community is our first priority.” She said that the closure is a precautionary measure and there is no immediate threat to campus facilities at this time. Students, faculty and staff are asked to check their Palomar email and the college’s social media sites and website for any updates.
In addition to Palomar College’s San Marcos campus and the Escondido Center, the college has sites at Camp Pendleton, Fallbrook and Mt. Carmel – all will be closed.
College emergency personnel are monitoring the fire and will update the campus community, as appropriate. Officials recommend that faculty, staff and students monitor email in the event further updates and/or safety instructions are sent out.
Below are informational links provided by the County of San Diego:
- Emergency information on the com/
- website and the mirror website in Spanish.
- org and ListoSanDiego.org sites have preparedness information.
- The SDEmergency apphas English and Spanish versions.
- County information pushed out through the @SanDiegoCountyTwitter can also be found in Spanish on @ListoSanDiego.
# # #