GENERIC RN APPLICATION DATES
Applications Accepted* Enrollment Start* Email Notification Sent**
July 5 - August 6, 2021 Spring 2022 October - November 2021
January 10 - February 11, 2022 Fall 2022 May 2022
*Application and Enrollment dates are subject to change
** We do not respond to inquiries about when notifications will be sent. All students will receive a notification via email.
Admission to our generic RN program is based on the Palomar College Admission Multi-Criteria Points screening tool. We do not keep a waiting list of students. We do encourage students to reapply, should they not be initially admitted to the program.
Students who have completed all prerequisite coursework, with a grade issued, and have successfully completed the TEAS exam with a score of 62% or higher are eligible to apply to the Nursing Program.
Assemble the required documents that must be included in your application.
- A copy of high school diploma, GED, CHSPE, or highest level of U.S. degree awarded (Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in any subject)
- All unofficial transcripts of course work (including any from Palomar College)
- Unofficial copies of all TEAS attempts – including outdated exams
- Any points attempted for a category must be verified with supporting documentation
Secure documents using paperclips or binder clips only. Do not use staples, place documents in page protectors, folders, or binders.
Submit your Palomar College RN Application. Please submit your application without staples, page protectors, folders, or binders. Secure documents with paperclips or binder clips only. **Due to campus being closed, we can currently only accept applications by mail. Applications must be postmarked by the deadline, but may be delivered at a later date.**
Mail your application addressed to:
Attn: Nursing Education Department
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
We are not able to send notification that we’ve received your application. Please get a tracking number from your postal carrier to confirm proper delivery.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMISSION:
- You must register with Palomar College to obtain a student ID number before you submit your application and it must be on the application to be considered.
- Unofficial college transcripts can be submitted with your application. This includes any transcripts from Palomar College. The Palomar College Records Department will require official transcripts if you are accepted into the nursing program.
- Required courses must be completed and a grade issued before applying.
- The ATI TEAS exam must be completed successfully (62% or higher) and all copies of attempted TEAS exams must be included with your application including prior expired versions. Print free copies directly from your account on the ATI website.
- The current TEAS exam is version 6. The TEAS Version 7 will be implemented in June 2022. We will accept both the TEAS version 6 and version 7 through our summer 2023 application period. Beginning in 2024, we will only accept the TEAS Version 7.
- We do not require a background check or proof of immunizations until after acceptance into the program.
- No grade lower than a C will be accepted for all coursework required, general education and nursing, for the associate’s degree.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- We do not keep transcripts or applications on file. All application documents are shredded after the completion of the selection process. If you are reapplying, you must resubmit a complete application with all supporting documents. Make sure to keep copies for your records.
- The acceptance notification process takes several weeks to complete. We do not notify all applicants at one time. All notifications are sent to the email provided on the application. Every applicant will receive a notification.
UNDERSTAND HOW POINTS ARE ISSUED IN AN APPLICATION REVIEW:
Fall 2021 Spring 2021 Spring 2020 Fall 2019 Spring 2019
Total Applicants 392 335 265 300 250
Total Admitted 36 36 36 36 36
Average Applicant Points 77 76 75 74 73
Admitted Point Range 85-96 81-94 80-95 81-94 78-98
Number Admitted from Standby 14 15 9 6 14
All students who have a completed the prerequisite coursework with a minimum 2.5 GPA in the sciences and minimum 62% on the TEAS are eligible to be admitted to the program. Please note that the accepted points vary semester to semester, based on the applicant pool and on the number of students who accept a seat. It is recommended that students apply to multiple programs in the area. If you would like advising on how to raise your application score, please contact the Nursing Education Department for an advising appointment. Please bring your unofficial transcripts and unofficial TEAS score to your appointment.
SB1393 Information – Only applies to students with U.S. regionally accredited baccalaureate degrees or higher