Application Dates for the LVN to RN Program
Applications for Fall 2021 will be accepted April 5 – April 9, 2021
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- A current, active California LVN license in good standing from an accredited LVN program
- High School diploma or equivalency and unofficial college transcripts (if applicable)
- Transcripts from an accredited LVN/LPN Program
- Minimum 6 months work experience as an LVN within 2 years of applying
- Successful completion of all prerequisite coursework
- Successful completion of Palomar College Nursing 110 LVN-RN Transition course (2 year life)
- Successful completion of the TEAS exam with a score of 62% or higher
- No grade lower than a C for every class required, general education and nursing, will be accepted.
***Notice: The Nursing Program application is now online. All information and documentation will be submitted electronically.***
Review the Application Check List for the types of documents you will submit with your application. In order to receive points in any application category, it must be accompanied by documented proof.
Prepare the required documents that must be included in your application. These documents will be uploaded digitally. You can scan, screenshot, or take photos of your documents. Please keep each piece of documentation as an individual digital file. Do not compile all of your documents into one large file.
- A copy of high school diploma, GED, CHSPE, or highest level of U.S. degree awarded (Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in any subject)
- All unofficial transcripts of course work (including from Palomar College)
- Unofficial copies of all TEAS attempts – including outdated exams
- A copy of your current California LVN license
- Any points attempted for a category must be verified with supporting documentation
Login to your MyPalomar account. You must be logged in first for the application to be properly processed.
Click here to go to the online application page. Make sure your application is filled out correctly and completely. Please read directions for each application section thoroughly.
- For Type of Application, select “LVN to RN Application”
- Toggle the buttons to switch between “Yes” and “No” responses so that they are correct for you
- Verify the pre-filled information is correct. It is pulled from your Palomar College application. If any of the information is outdated or in error, please contact the Admissions Office to make changes
- In the demographic and languages sections, if an option is not listed, you have the option to type it in
- In the College Degree Information, Work Experience, and Coursework sections, click “Insert a Row” to add additional information
- The application has an Estimated Point Calculation. Please note that this is only an estimate based on the information you provided in this application. Many factors can impact your final point calculation, which will be determined during the review process by Nursing Education Department staff
- Be sure to upload all of your documents into the File Uploads section, and select a description for each file. If documentation is missing from your application, we will not be able to award points for that category **If you do not attach the required documentation (unofficial transcript, TEAS attempts) your application cannot be evaluated and you will not be considered a qualified applicant** **We are not able to accept documents in .Pages, .HEIC, or .html format. **
- Confirm that your application is filled out correctly and completely before signing the acknowledgment and submitting.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMISSION:
- You must register with Palomar College to obtain a student ID number before you submit your application and it must be on the application to be considered.
- Unofficial college transcripts can be submitted with your application. This includes any transcripts from Palomar College. The Palomar College Records Department will require official transcripts if you are accepted into the program.
- Required courses must be completed and a grade issued before applying.
- The ATI TEAS exam must be completed successfully (62% or higher) and all copies of attempted TEAS exams must be included with your application including prior expired versions. Print free copies directly from your account on the ATI website.
- We do not require a background check or proof of immunizations until after acceptance into the program.
- No grade lower than a C will be accepted for all coursework required, general education and nursing, for the associate’s degree.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- We do not keep transcripts or applications on file. All application documents are shredded after the completion of the selection process. If you are reapplying, you must resubmit a complete application with all supporting documents. Make sure to keep copies for your records.
- The acceptance notification process takes several weeks to complete. We do not notify all applicants at one time. All notifications are sent to the email provided on the application. Every applicant will receive a notification.
Understand how points are issued in an application review:
LVN Multi-Criteria Point Calculation
- Students are admitted on a space available basis only
- Students are selected using the Multi-Criteria Point System
- Please note: there is no longer an LVN applicant pool used for applicant selection, as the Multi-Criteria Point System has replaced this system.
- The program is two semesters
- Nursing classes required are Nursing 110, 203, 217, & 218
Please reference the College Catalog link 2018/2019 Catalog for more details, acceptable class choices, and full course descriptions. Locate our degree options under Nursing Education.