Application Dates for the LVN to RN Program
DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING COVID-19 AND ITS IMPACTS ON CALIFORNIA NURSING PROGRAMS, WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE UNABLE TO ADMIT NEW STUDENTS FOR FALL 2020. PLEASE REFER TO OUR COVID-19 FAQS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Applications for Spring 2021 will be accepted December 1 – December 19
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- A current, active California LVN license in good standing from an accredited LVN program
- High School diploma or equivalency and unofficial college transcripts (if applicable)
- Transcripts from an accredited LVN/LPN Program
- Minimum 6 months work experience as an LVN within 2 years of applying
- Successful completion of all prerequisite coursework
- Successful completion of Palomar College Nursing 110 LVN-RN Transition course (2 year life)
- Successful completion of the TEAS exam with a score of 62% or higher
- No grade lower than a C for every class required, general education and nursing, will be accepted.
Assemble the required documents that must be included in your application.
- A copy of high school diploma, GED, CHSPE, or highest level of U.S. degree awarded (Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in any subject)
- All unofficial transcripts of course work (including from Palomar College)
- Unofficial copies of all TEAS attempts – including outdated exams
- A copy of your current California LVN license
- Any points attempted for a category must be verified with supporting documentation
- Secure documents using paperclips or binder clips only. Do not use staples, place documents in page protectors, folders, or binders.
Submit your application.
Drop off your application in person to our main office (HS-200) or mail your application addressed to:
Attn: Nursing Department
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMISSION:
- You must register with Palomar College to obtain a student ID number before you submit your application and it must be on the application to be considered.
- Unofficial college transcripts can be submitted with your application. This includes any transcripts from Palomar College. The Palomar College Records Department will require official transcripts if you are accepted into the program.
- Required courses must be completed and a grade issued before applying.
- The ATI TEAS exam must be completed successfully (62% or higher) and all copies of attempted TEAS exams must be included with your application including prior expired versions. Print free copies directly from your account on the ATI website.
- We do not require a background check or proof of immunizations until after acceptance into the program.
- No grade lower than a C will be accepted for all coursework required, general education and nursing, for the associate’s degree.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- We do not keep transcripts or applications on file. All application documents are shredded after the completion of the selection process. If you are reapplying, you must resubmit a complete application with all supporting documents. Make sure to keep copies for your records.
- The acceptance notification process takes several weeks to complete. We do not notify all applicants at one time. All notifications are sent to the email provided on the application. Every applicant will receive a notification.
Understand how points are issued in an application review
Palomar College Admission Multi-Criteria Points
- Students are admitted on a space available basis only
- Students are selected using the Multi-Criteria Point System
- Please note: there is no longer an LVN applicant pool used for applicant selection, as the Multi-Criteria Point System has replaced this system.
- The program is two semesters
- Nursing classes required are Nursing 110, 203, 217, & 218
Please reference the College Catalog link 2018/2019 Catalog for more details, acceptable class choices, and full course descriptions. Locate our degree options under Nursing Education.