REQUIRED COURSEWORK: MUST BE COMPLETED AND A GRADE ISSUED BEFORE APPLYING
Must receive a “C” or better in each course, and have a combined 2.5 minimum GPA. Lecture and lab must be taken in the same term and be at least 4 semester units. Courses must be taken in person. We will be accepting science courses taken during Spring, Summer, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021, that were meant to be taught in person, but were temporarily moved online due to COVID. Courses must be transferable to Palomar College.
- BIOL 210 – Taken within the last 10 years
- BIOL 211 – Taken within the last 7 years
- BIOL 212 – Taken within the last 7 years
Anatomy/Physiology combined courses (A&P I, A&P II) must be taken within the last 7 years.
Courses taken at Palomar College where a grade of “C” or better is earned cannot be retaken at Palomar College.
Courses must be transferable to Palomar College. We are unable to accept courses including, but not limited to, those taken from StraighterLine, UCSD Extension, United States University, or Southern California University of Health Science.
Students must complete one course from each category. The specific courses listed serve as examples of which courses fulfill each requirement. Students must receive a “C” or better to receive credit.
- Intermediate Algebra or higher
- MATH 56 Beginning/Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 60 Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 110 College Algebra
- MATH 115 Trigonometry
- MATH 120 Elementary Statistics
- Any higher level math
- PSYC/SOC 205 Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
*We cannot accept BST 322 from National University*
- English Composition
- ENG 100 English Composition
- ESL 110 College Composition for Non-Native Speakers (taken Fall 2020 or later)
- Speech/Public Speaking/Communication
- SPCH 100 Oral Communication
- SPCH 105 Beginning Argumentation and Debate
- SPCH 115 Interpersonal Communication
- SPCH 120 Human Communication
- PSYC 100 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 105 Marriage, Family, and Intimate Relationships
- PSYC 110 Developmental Psychology – Child Through Adult
- PSYC 115 The Psychology of Personal Growth and Development
- PSYC 120 Social Psychology
- PSYC 125 Human Sexuality
- PSYC 130 Psychology of Women
- SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 105 Marriage, Family, and Intimate Relationships
- SOC 110 Social Problems
- SOC 125 Human Sexuality
- SOC 130 Introduction to Sociology of Health
- SOC 135 Gender and Society
- SOC 145 Psychology and Sociology of Aging
- Please refer to our 2018-2019 Course Catalog, Associate Degree General Education Requirements to review Area C: Humanities
For all questions regarding coursework, please contact general counseling directly for a full review of all transcripts and verification of course equivalency. Their number is 760-744-1150 ext. 2179. All courses used in this application are subject to evaluation and approval by Palomar College for completion of the AA or AS degree.