We are pleased to announce that Palomar College will once again be offering the ATI TEAS exam in paper-pencil format. Palomar College students are eligible to take the exam at Palomar College one time. The exam is offered at Palomar College one time in Spring and one time in Fall. All later exam attempts must be taken at other testing centers. Locations can be found at https://www.atitesting.com/.
The next exam is scheduled for:
Fall 2019: October 25, 2019* – THIS EXAM DATE IS CURRENTLY FULL –
Spring 2020: January 17, 2020*
*Dates subject to change
To register for the TEAS exam with Palomar, you must email email@example.com. Include your Palomar ID number, Birth Date, Phone Number, and the Test Date in your email. Seats are available on a first come, first serve basis, with a maximum of 40 seats.
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness entering the health science fields. Studies show a consistent link between a student’s performance on the TEAS and future academic success.
The ATI TEAS test is comprised of 170 questions set up in a multiple-choice format with four-option answers. Questions are designed to test the basic academic skills you will need to perform in class in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
- Photo ID: To be admitted to your testing session, you will need to present proper photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or green card. You will not be admitted to the test if your ID does not meet the following requirements: government-issued, current photograph, examinee signature, and permanent address. A credit card photo or student ID does not meet these criteria.
- Writing Instrument: Two sharpened No. 2 pencils with attached erasers. No other writing instruments are allowed.
- ATI information: You will need your ATI Paper/Pencil ID number, obtained from the ATI website.
- Plan ahead and leave the following items at home or in your car as they are not permitted in the exam room.
- Additional Apparel, including but not limited to jackets, coats, hats and sunglasses. All apparel is subject to inspection by the proctor.
- Personal Items of any sort , including but not limited to purses, computer bags, backpacks, and duffel bags.
- Electronics of any kind, including but not limited to cell phones, smart phones, beepers/pagers, calculators (will be provided), and digital or smart watches.
- Food or Drink, unless it is documented as a medically necessary item.
The proctor will provide you with scratch paper for use during the test. Scratch paper is not to be used before the exam or during breaks. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the proctor at the end of the testing session.
A four-function calculator will be provided for the math portion of the exam. You will not be allowed to use calculators that have built-in functionalities or other special features.
DISABILITY SUPPORT PROGRAM & SERVICES (DSPS) TEST TAKERS:
- Exam date for students with accommodations for x1.5 extended time: October 24, 2019* January 15, 2020*
- Exam date for students with accommodations for x2 extended time: January 8, 2020*
- Valid documentation from your DSPS/DRC college departments must be provided to book an exam.
*Dates subject to change