- The TEAS exam is is designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness entering the health science fields. Studies show a consistent link between a student’s performance on the TEAS and future academic success.
- The Chancellor’s Office has recommended that the TEAS be utilized as a pre-admission test for prospective nursing students, with a required minimum score of 62%. The TEAS provides a diagnostic assessment of a person’s knowledge of Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
- All students applying to Palomar College Nursing Education are required to take the ATI TEAS exam and submit proof of all prior attempts with their application.
- The current TEAS exam is version 6. The TEAS Version 7 will be implemented in June 2022. We will accept both the TEAS version 6 and version 7 through our summer 2023 application period. Beginning in 2024, we will only accept the TEAS Version 7.
- To prepare for the TEAS exam, consider utilizing ATI’S SMARTPREP FOR TEAS.
PALOMAR COLLEGE TEAS REQUIREMENT
For a second TEAS Exam attempt to be valid, the following guidelines apply:
- If unsuccessful on first attempt, complete remediation after waiting 30 days, provide documentation with your application on how you chose to remediate, then retest. The second test score will be used to award points.
- If successful the first time (62% or higher) but you want a higher score, you must wait two years from the first exam date to retake a 2nd attempt. The second score will be used to award points.
THE TEAS EXAM IS A FOUR PART EXAM
- 53 questions
- 64 minutes
- Key ideas and details; craft and structure; integration of knowledge & ideas
- 36 questions
- 54 minutes
- Numbers and algebra; measurement and data
- 53 questions
- 63 minutes
- Human anatomy & physiology; life and physical sciences; scientific reasoning
ENGLISH AND LANGUAGE USAGE
- 28 questions
- 28 minutes
- Conventions of standard English; knowledge of language; vocabulary acquisition
REGISTER FOR THE TEAS
- Sign in or create a new user account at atitesting.com
- Register for the TEAS online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to take the exam at Palomar College
- Test takers must have a picture ID and their ATI Paper/Pencil ID number with them on test date but do verify the test procedures at your designated test center.