Skip to content
Why should I join the Palomar Promise?
- One-year of free course enrollment and related registration fees at Palomar College
- Up to $1,000 in text book assistance during the first year of enrollment
- Specialized academic and career planning with related support services provided through the First Year Experience (FYE) program
- Priority enrollment while enrolled at Palomar College
- Guaranteed Admission to CSU San Marcos if students meet transfer eligibility requirements
Who can apply for the Palomar Promise?
- All 2017 graduating high school students who attend an eligible high school within the Palomar College service area
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria for an AB540 Waiver and are eligible to file a California Dream Act application are also eligible to apply for the Palomar Promise.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application and Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOGFW) application
- Enroll full-time (a minimum of 12 units) at Palomar College within one year of high school graduation
- Agree to participate in the FYE Program
- Sign a FYE/Promise Student Success Agreement
How do I Maintain my Eligibility while enrolled at Palomar College?
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester while attending Palomar College
- Meet with a Student Success Counselor to establish a student education plan
- Actively engage in the FYE Program and adhere to the FYE/Promise Student Success Agreement
- Maintain at least 2.0 GPA while attending Palomar College
How do I apply?
- Complete the Palomar College admissions application
- Complete the FYE/Promise Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application and the Board of Governors Fee Wavier (BOGFW) application
- The priority application deadline to join the Palomar Promise is May 5, 2017.