Palomar College Television (PCTV) has been in operation for more than 35 years. The mission of the department is to serve college faculty, staff, and students through the creation and use of media-rich content.
PCTV fulfills this mission specifically by:
- Accessibility and Enhancement: Increasing student access, reducing educational barriers, and enhancing academic performance by advancing state-of-the-art technology and innovative academic programming.
- Evaluation and Improvement: Researching, evaluating, and revising processes adopted to meet this mission, and working toward professional staff development and program expansion.
- Integration: Ongoing enhancement of our state-of-the-art program to complement and supplement the district’s strategic goals.
- Partnerships: Expanding upon important campus and extramural partnerships by offering a broad perspective of academic and technical learning opportunities.
- Community Outreach: Through an innovative marketing plan, increasing community outreach, awareness, and recognition of both Palomar College and the scope and effectiveness of the distance learning program.