Palomar College Learning For Success

Our first all-college plenary event

Our college theme for 2017-2018 is “Better Together.”  This year we are truly Better Together with our very first all-college plenary event!  All plenary activities (the keynote on Thursday, the workshops, and the general session) are designed to create an environment where learning is valued for all Palomar employees!

We are PALOMARPOWERED Employees! We are Better Together!

I would love to hear about your experience at plenary.  What were your “aha” moments or takeaways?  What did you learn today that you’d like to share with others?

6 comments on “Our first all-college plenary event

1. Cathy Haag on

Inspiring, professional, lots of facts and great analogies/examples. A learning experience I did not anticipate. Thank you for finding him!

Reply
  2. John Shellenberger on

April Cunningham’s presentation on present and future alternatives to students being forced to pay outrageous prices for hard-copy textbooks was very interesting.

Reply
  3. Suzanne Sebring on

I really enjoyed the Team Excellence workshop. Paul Butler was a great facilitator and it was a very positive experience. The interaction with the session participants was great. I connected with people I’d never met and learned more about those I’ve been working with. One thing that stuck out to me was his comment about the way we perceive the workplace and others within it. He posited how different (and more effective) things could be if we all modeled our behavior using the assumption that 99.9% of people come to work with the intention of doing the very best they can. I feel that is a very positive way to look at the world and our campus community.

Reply
  4. April Cunningham on

Alan Daly reminded me that relationships are more important than tasks. That can be hard for me to remember when things get hectic. But it’s vitally important to our overall commitment to students.

Reply