There are many ways you can “Get Involved” in your communities, both at home, work, and school. Here are few ideas:
- Join your local Neighborhood Watch to help solve problems and reduce crime in your area.
- Work with your local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), where you can learn how to take life-saving action to help businesses and families get through the first few hours or days of an emergency.
- Become part of the national network of volunteers who help to strengthen public health, the Medical Reserve Corps.
- Join the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster member network where organizations can share knowledge and resources of the disaster cycle.
- Help serve the County of San Diego by volunteering with the American Red Cross.
- Become a member of the Infragard San Diego Members Alliance, which assists in mitigating criminal and terrorist-based threats and losses.