Any individual or group utilizing district facilities must be legally parked and properly displaying a valid parking permit as issued by the college. Exceptions shall be made for users that have completed and submitted an application for “Planned Event Parking Permits”, and that have received approval by the Police Department. Any application for such events must be received at a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the planned event date.
NOTE: The Palomar College Police Department is the only department authorized to issue vendor and/or visitor parking permits. Permits issued by any other department or entity are invalid unless authorized an authorized by the Police Department.
Parking Permit Fees:
Student parking permits may be purchased at the Cashier’s Office on the San Marcos campus and at the Escondido Center. They also may be purchased online. Permit prices are:
– Automobiles $40.00 – Motorcycles $20.00
– (BOG Waiver) BOGW Students parking permit is $20.00 ** click here for BOGW form to see if you are eligible.
Student permits are valid only in designated student parking lots. Fees are subject to change without further notice.
A Palomar College permit MUST accompany a disabled placard.
** Only one discounted permit is allowed per semester. In order to be eligible for the lower fee, BOGW students must show proof of BOGW status by providing a print out of their Financial Aid status form at the time the permit is purchased. If a regular permit is purchased and the student becomes BOGW eligible at a later date, there will be no refunds issued.
Parking Fee refunds are given only during the first two weeks of the semester. Parking permit and receipt must be returned with an “Application for Refund” here to the Cashier’s Office. This form can also be found on the Cashier Office website under “forms.”
The college will NOT replace lost or stolen permits. The loss must be reported to the Palomar College Police Department (PCPD) and a free temporary two-week permit will be issued. If the lost permit is not found within the two-week period a new permit must be purchased at the regular fee. This applies to staff as well as students.
The Palomar College Police Department enforces parking regulations seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day. Beginning in the Fall of 2010 the grace period was eliminated for not displaying a valid parking permit. A parking permit is required 24/7. As a result, all persons or parties parking on campus property must adhere to the respective procedures listed below.
A parking permit is required for the lawful parking of every registered vehicle on district property. All permits must be placed on the rear view mirror when parked or, if the vehicle is a convertible, a decal may be affixed to the right rear bumper or right rear view window and on the left front fork of motorcycles. Students must:
- Purchase a valid semester parking permit or a daily parking pass from the permit machines located in Student Parking Lots 3, 5, 9, and 12 of the San Marcos Campus; lot 1 of the Escondido Center.
- Legally park in a designated space within a Student Parking Lot
- Properly display, and adhere to all conditions specified upon, the semester and/or daily parking pass
- Students or staff are not permitted to park in visitor spaces
- The college is closed from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am. Overnight parking is prohibited after 11:00 pm unless previously arranged by the Palomar College Police Department.