Project Delivery Method: CM Multi-Prime
Project Cost: $46 million
Construction Start Date: October 2011
Completion Date: March 2014
Occupy Date: June 2014
Bond Series: A
A new three story building consisting of classrooms, computer labs, and Faculty/Staff offices for Reading, Writing, World Languages, English as a Second Language, Journalism, Speech, and American Sign Language curriculum.
- 86 kW Photovoltaic Panel Array on roof to supply building electricity
- Windows for labs and classrooms, light wells in hallways provide enhanced natural lighting
- High efficiency lighting with occupancy sensors
- Community College Facility Coalition (CCFC) Award of Excellence
- San Diego American Institute of Architects (AIA) Award
- Architect: LPA, Inc.
- Construction Manager: Balfour Beatty Construction
- Civil Engineer: LPA, Inc.
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineer: LPA, Inc.
- Structural Engineer: LPA, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: LPA, Inc.
- Construction Manager: Chris Miller
- Prop M Construction Manager: John Philipps