Palomar College has identified a set of General Education/Institutional Learning Outcomes, which represent the overall set of abilities and qualities a student graduating from Palomar should possess. These outcomes were adopted from the Association of American Colleges and Universities’ LEAP framework and modified by Palomar College faculty, administrators, and staff to reflect the College’s particular set of values. Each year, the College will assess student progress in achieving these outcomes.
- Complete list of Palomar College GE/ILOs
- GE/ILO Assessment Reports
- GE/ILO Rubrics
- GE/ILO Results and Action
Courses and Programs Mapped to General Education/Institutional Learning Outcomes
Courses mapped to GE/ILOs Programs mapped to GE/ILOs
1) Communication a. Written a. Written
b. Oral b. Oral
c. Visual c. Visual
2) Computation a. Quantitative Literacy a. Quantitative Literacy
b. Inquiry and Analysis b. Inquiry and Analysis
3) Creative, Critical, and Analytical Thinking a. Critical Thinking a. Critical Thinking
b. Information Literacy b. Information Literacy
c. Teamwork and Problem Solving c. Teamwork and problem solving
4) Community, Multicultural/Global Consciousness and Responsibility a. Intercultural Knowledge a. Intercultural Knowledge
b. Ethical Reasoning b. Ethical Reasoning
c. Civic Knowledge and Engagement c. Civic knowledge and engagement
Palomar College has identified sets of College Outcomes (General Education and Institutional Learning Outcomes), which represent the overall set of abilities and qualities a student graduating from Palomar should possess. Each year, the College assesses student progress in achieving college outcomes.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Institutional Learning Outcomes apply to all courses and program types including certificate, transfer and degrees.
- includes written, oral, and visual (ASL) communication
- includes quantitative literacy and inquiry & analysis
Creative, Critical, and Analytical Thinking
- includes critical thinking, information literacy, teamwork and problem solving
Community, Multicultural/Global Consciousness and Responsibility
- includes intercultural knowledge, ethical reasoning, and civic knowledge & engagement
General Education Learning Outcomes
General Education outcomes apply to degrees and all courses included as degree program options. General Education outcomes consist of the four institutional learning outcomes plus two additional outcomes.
- Creative, Critical, and Analytical Thinking
- Community, Multicultural/Global Consciousness and Responsibility
- Foundation Knowledge of Discipline
- Integrative Learning (e.g. learning communities, service learning, engagement through the arts)