BioMed SURF is a research-intensive summer training program in biomedical research for undergraduate students who are members of underrepresented minorities (URM) and plan to obtain a Ph.D. in the biomedical sciences.
The aims of BioMed SURF are: to identify URM applicants interested in biomedical research careers; to provide them with an intensive research and didactic experience in biomedicine during a 9-week residency at Yale University School of Medicine; and to provide faculty and peer mentoring resources that extend throughout and beyond the program.
Pathways to Science
- Searchable by discipline, keyword, Institution or Geographic area
- 650+ Paid REU’s
National Science foundation (NSF)
- Searchable by discipline, keyword, Institution
- Large number of REU’s
- 10 host universities (UCSD, UCB, UCLA…)
- each requires a separate application
Big Ten : SROP
- 10+ host universities (U. Chicago, Indiana, Ohio…)
- Must register for an Account
- 1 application
National Institutes of Health (NIH)