Are you interested in pursuing a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) degree, but you think you’re not ready or don’t know where to start? STEM CORE is a one-year STEM-preparatory program with an emphasis in math, designed to help students finish prerequisite courses in order to major in the sciences.
- The first 20 students to apply will receive use of textbooks and graphing calculators
- Tutoring support for courses
- Guest speakers and field trips
- Resume, interviewing, and networking experience
- Opportunities for internship
- Academic, personal, and career counseling
- Interest in a STEM major
- Must commit and enroll in Cohort 1 or Cohort 2 courses (see the table of courses below)
- Attend workshops throughout the semester
- Participate in an orientation at the beginning of the semester
As a STEM Core student, we will support you through the math and technology course during your first year. After successful completion, you will be ready to start taking higher-level courses in math, technology, and science.
Upon completion of program requirements, students may be eligible for a paid summer internship with a STEM Core Employer/Sponsor or other regional employers.
|Fall 2020 STEM Core Courses|
|Cohort 1||CHEM 100 Lecture & Lab|
(71231 and 71236 or 71246)
Fundamentals of Chemistry Instructor: Carolina Valder
|MATH 126 (73496)|
STEM Precalculus I Instructor: Wendy Metzger
|Cohort 1 is appropriate for students pursuing biology, chemistry, physics, and more!|
|Cohort 2||CSCI 112 (72762/72763 )|
Computer Programming I
Instructor: Terrie Canon
|MATH 126 (73496)|
STEM Precalculus I
Instructor: Wendy Metzger
|Cohort 2 is appropriate for students pursuing engineering, computer science, math, physics, cognitive science, and more!|
STEM Core is limited in capacity, please fill out the form below if you’re interested in enrolling in the one-year program.
Questions? Contact us!
Karan Huskey, STEM Student Guided Pathways Coordinator, email@example.com
Lorena Lomeli-Hixon, STEM Transfer Core and Guided Pathways Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 48877521512_5840dbc5b5_c: Palomar Community College District | All Rights Reserved