Students enrolled in the Institute will engage in the basic concepts of engineering design and computer science through hands-on activities and projects. Working in teams, students will build, test, and program small robots featuring Lego Mindstorms NXT Technology and the C Programming Language. Students will use their robots to compete for precision and accuracy in an arena setting. Upon completion of the Institute, participants will receive a $500 stipend.
- Week 1 & 2: Students will build and program a robot at Palomar College
- Week 3: Students will design and build their robot competition course at the Open Source Maker Lab (OSML) in Vista, CA
The Institute is June 24 – July 11, 2019, at Palomar College and OSML
The robots and their competition course will be seen in-action at a celebration on July 11, 2019!
- Add your name and email to the interest list.
- We’ll email you a course permission code. Please watch your inbox. Please know that space is limited, participants will be be given a course permission code in the order that they signed up.
- Enroll in the 1-unit course: CE 100, Class #: 51080 Robotics STEM (6/24- 7/111) with the course permission code.
Special enrollment instructions for minors
Age 16 and 17
- Read the K-12 enrollment instructions
- Submit the K-12 Special Admission Approval Form to the Admissions/Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Center
Age 15 and younger
- Guardians, read the K-12 enrollment instructions
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a pre-signed K-12 Specials Admission Approval form
- Retrieve K-12 Special Admission Approval form from STEM staff
- Fill-out form and submit to the Admissions/Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Center
Questions? Email us! STEMprogram@palomar.edu
Supported by the U.S. Department of Education, Developing Hispanic Serving Institutions Program and the Innovation in Higher Education Grant