Congratulations Class of 2019! Our Palomar College Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 24, 2019, on the San Marcos campus. Open each of the links listed below regarding important Commencement information. There will not be an actual rehearsal for Commencement. Student participants should arrive at the Dome for the 3:30 pm pre-commencement meeting prior to the 5:00 pm ceremony start time. Please remember that academic regalia (cap and gown) is required and should be worn or brought to the meeting in the Dome. The information provided below will help you have a smooth and wonderful Commencement celebration. Continue to check your Palomar College email account for Commencement-related updates.
Caps and Gowns are purchased in the Palomar College Bookstore on the San Marcos Campus.
- Accommodations/Disability Requests: If you’re a student participating in commencement and need an accommodation request, please contact either of the following contacts: Lisa Hornsby (760) 744-1150 x2312 or Dan Dryden (760) 744-1150 x2199
- Commencement Photos– The professional company will email the students proofs of the pictures taken at Commencement in about one week. Students may select any they would like to order. The Company is Grad Images. Telephone number (800) 628-4509
- Frequently Asked Questions – Answers to some of the questions you may have.
- General Information 2019 – Everything you need to know prior to the 3:30 pm pre-commencement meeting on Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Grad Fest Flyer 2019 – Discounted information on required academic regalia (cap/gown/tassel) for Commencement from the Palomar College Bookstore. Grad Fest dates are April 9th & 10th.
- GradImages Pre-Registration – Receive a coupon for 20% off your entire order when you pre-register before graduation day. GradImages Website
- Guest Information 2019 – Information for our guests regarding our Commencement Ceremony. Thank you for planning to attend the ceremony.
- Leis and Bouquets – Guests and/or students are encouraged to pre-order bouquets and leis for pickup at the Dome. Floral bouquets and leis will be sold at Commencement as a fundraiser for Palomar College. Click the link to pre-order for discounted pricing! If you forget to order, students may purchase them in the Dome before the pre-Commencement meeting or guests may purchase them at the ceremony entrance.
- Name Appearing on Your Diploma – The 2019 Commencement Program (booklet) will include your official name as it appears in eServices on April 15, 2019. Your diploma/certificate will also include your official name as it appears in eServices. You may view the name that will be included by logging into your eServices account. If you need to change your official name, please bring legal proof of the correct name to the Palomar College Admissions Office.
- San Marcos Commencement Map – The ceremony will be held on the football field
- Scholarship Application 2019 – Up to two awards will be given out during the Commencement Ceremony. Complete the Application and turn it into the Office of Student Affairs by the deadline date of April 19, 2019 at 2 pm.
- Veterans 2019 – A special message for our graduating veterans.
- Who is Eligible to Participate in Commencement – If you have been awarded an Associate Degree, an Associate Degree for Transfer, or a Certificate of Achievement in Summer 2018 or Fall 2018, you may walk/participate in the May 24, 2019 Commencement Ceremony. You may also walk/participate if you are a Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 candidate for an Associate Degree, an Associate Degree for Transfer, or a Certificate of Achievements. It is not necessary to receive a graduation status email from the Evaluations Office to walk/participate.