We are hiring STUDENT STAFF!
Are you eligible for Federal Work Study? The OSA is now hiring student staff who qualify for Federal Work Study. Stop by SU 201 to drop off your Application.
Department: Office of Student Affairs
Job Title: Student Assistant
Location: Primary work location is the San Marcos campus, with opportunity for additional hours at the Escondido Center, Fallbrook Center, Rancho Bernardo Center, and district affiliated sites and training centers.
Job Skills and Qualifications: Students must be self-motivated, possess good communication skills, practice student-centered customer service, have proficient computer skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
Duties: Students hired for these positions will alternate between working in many functional areas and locations for the Office of Student Affairs including but not limited to the Student Affairs main office, the Student Activities Office, Student Computer Lab, the Student Affairs Hub, SEAL Center, and the Anita & Stan Maag Food & Nutrition Center, as well as designated areas for Student Affairs work at the Palomar College sites and centers. Students will complete a variety of tasks associated with each location/ functional area and are responsible for responding to student questions and requests for information about student clubs, Associated Student Government, Palomar College policies and procedures, Student Activities and events, community resource support options, and provide general support for Office of Student Affairs programs, services, activities and events. Some duties include staffing Student Affairs events (including set up of canopies and clean up), support the selling, promotion, and production of student services, student activity cards, locker rentals, promotional materials for the Office of Student Affairs. Student Staff will interface with a diverse student population and provide student-centric customer support. Student Staff will implement policies and procedures as directed; maintain inventory lists; troubleshoot and assist with all office equipment; create and produce advertisements; support social media and web development; use various technical equipment to produce student/staff/faculty/administration cards; preform administrative tasks; answer office phones; collaborate with volunteers; support Food & Nutrition Center operations, assist with weekly food events and occasional food distributions at Palomar College district sites and centers, and more. This includes staffing Student Affairs events, setting up events (ex: setting up canopies), provide basic maintenance to keep all locations clean and perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Number of positions: Varies
Total hours per week: 10-20
Work schedule: Monday-Thursday, 8am-5pm & Friday, 8am-12pm; occasional evenings and off campus.
Wage: $12.00 per hour
STEPS TO APPLY:
- Confirm that you are eligible for Federal Work Study (contact Financial Aid). Confirm that you are a full-time student (12 units).
- Email Malik Spence (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your confirmed Federal Work Study eligibility and explain why you want to work for Team OSA!
- Complete the Student Employment application found on the Human Resources website and submit your application in SU-201 to Malik Spence (email@example.com)
- If approved, Malik will submit your application and ‘Employment Action Form’ to Human Resources.
- Human Resources will send you a pre-approval notice with instructions for you to complete (ex: Required TB test and LiveScan Fingerprint).
- Afterward, Human Resources reviews the results of your TB test and LiveScan Fingerprint, they will notify you if you have been received approval to work for Palomar College.
- If approved, HR will notify Malik and he will work with you to get you on the schedule and going TEAM OSA!