Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success



I have a GRADE DISPUTE. First, talk with your instructor and see if you can come to an understanding. Remember to document these good faith efforts to resolve the challenge peacefully and professionally (example: send an email to your professor in which you recap the points discussed during your meeting).

If the situation is still not resolved, your next step is to meet with the Chair of the Department. Make sure that you come prepared for this meeting with dates, statements, and behaviors that demonstrate your concern. Also be prepared to share what you would like to request in order to be successful in the classroom. If you are still having difficulties, then the next step to complete is to speak with the Dean.  At this point, if you still have not come to an agreement with either the Chair or Dean, you may meet with the Vice President of Instruction.

If the situation requires further deliberation you may move forward with a Formal Grievance Process. You will need to complete the Student Grade Dispute Formal Hearing Request Form and submit it and all related documentation to the Vice President of Instruction, Office of Instruction, AA-103. The Formal Grievance is detailed under AP 5530. Additionally, separate from the Formal Grievance process is the Student Grade Dispute Policy Procedure. The form to request a formal grade dispute is located here.

I have a problem with an INSTRUCTOR.  First, talk with your instructor and see if you can come to an understanding.  If not, your next step is to speak with the Department Chairperson.  If you still are having difficulties, then the next step is speaking with the Dean.

I have an alleged PROBLEM with another student/staff member/instructor.  It is NOT A GRADE PROBLEM but I would like to file an Incident Report. Go to SU-201 the Office of Student Affairs, an appointment will be made to see the Director of Student Affairs as well as instructions for any paperwork that needs to be filed. This meeting is confidential.

I have LOST SOMETHING.  All lost and found items are turned into the Palomar College Police Department (near the main entrance to the school).  If you have lost an item,  register your lost item with the Campus Police Department.

I want to report a CRIME. Contact the Palomar College Police Department 760-891-7273.

I want to report something related to SEXUAL MISCONDUCT. Please contact the Palomar College Title IX Coordinator Shawna Cohen at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2608 or

Campus Information:

I want to use a LOCKER on campus. EXCITING NEWS! We are getting brand new lockers during Intersession! The lockers will be available in Spring 2018. Locker usage is available to all current Student Activity Card holders as one of the Student Activity Card benefits. Go to room SU-202 and the student workers will assist you in selecting a locker. Please note that abuse of a locker or multiple requests for a ‘combo reset’ may result in a fine and/ or hold on your account.

I need help with my TEXTBOOKS.  Palomar College has a number of avenues to assist with textbooks.

1) The Foundation Office has a Text Book Assistance process.

 2) At the Palomar College Bookstore, you may purchase your books or use their textbook rental plan.

3) The Office of Student Affairs has a Textbook Program which allows you to borrow up to $250.00 for textbooks (qualifications) . See the Textbook Program site on the right-hand side of this page.  This is a voucher program in partnership with the Palomar College Bookstore.

I want to purchase a PARKING PERMIT.  Go to the cashier window in the Administration Building to pay the amount due.  If you opt to get your Parking Permit when you register you may pay for it on line and the permit will be mailed to you.  Parking Permits are required everytime you park campus.

I need a HANDICAPPED PARKING sticker for parking on campus. A parking pass issued by the Campus Police must accompany a state handicapped identification (placard). Students with Disabled Students Services permits may park in any space not designated for “State Handicapped Permits.”

I need FOOD.  Palomar College has a Food Bank for its students at the Anita and Stan Maag Food & Nutrition Center. For more information, click on the Food Bank link on the left-hand side of this page. Complete the  Food Bank Form form and take it to SU-201, Office of Student Affairs.  Additional assistance can be obtained at:

I want to JOIN A CLUB.  There are many clubs at Palomar College so check them out.   You may contact the advisors/presidents of all Palomar College clubs through their individual email site which is listed on the club site.  Once a semester the clubs hold Club Rush on the SU Quad allowing all students to ask questions about their purpose, join immediately, and/or get more information before making a commitment.

I want to JOIN THE ASSOCIATED STUDENT GOVERNMENT (ASG).  Go to SU-102 or SU-104 to speak with current members of the ASG.  They will be able to give you information on joining their team. You may find the requirements on the ASG web site.

I need FINANCIAL AID. Go to the Student Services Center (SS) Building and speak with the Financial Aid staff. They will assist you through the process.

I want to join one of the ATHLETIC TEAMSBuilding O (next to the tennis courts) is the place to find the Athletic Director’s office or you may email Scott Cathcart. The Athletic web page will allow you to contact the coach directly regarding your specific interest

I want to TRANSFER to an university.  Contact the Transfer Center located in the Student Services Center (SS) Building.  Appoiontments are not necessary but helpful.

I need to RESEARCH A CAREER. Go to SU 17 and the staff will assist you. They also hold workshops on completing your paperwork, various types of careers, and planning your class schedule.

I need to use the LIBRARY for research. Check the web site for open hours.

I need a Tutor. Click on the Tutoring heading on the right hand side of this page. Tutoring is FREE at Palomar College.

Is there a LACTATION ROOM at Palomar College? Yes, there is a private lactation pod located in the Student Union at the San Marcos Campus. There is also a lactation pod at the Escondido Center. To access the code to use this space, please contact the Office of Student Affairs or the Student Health Center.












(760) 744-1150 x2594
Office Hours:
M-TH: 7:45 AM- 5:30 PM
F: 7:45 AM- 2 PM
scroll to top