What is AB 540?
Assembly Bill 540 is a law that allows certain students to qualify for in-state tuition in California. The California Dream Act extends the criteria for students to qualify for in-state tuition and apply for certain types of financial aid. Learn more about California Dream Act legislation.
What is DACA?
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a federal process that defers removal action of an individual by USCIS for a specified number of years. It is not the same as the California Dream Act or AB 540. It does not grant lawful immigration status. It does allow individuals to apply for an SSN and work authorizations. Learn more about DACA.
California Dream Act Application
If you qualify for AB 540 or any of the California Dream Act laws, then you can use the California Dream Act application to apply for financial aid. http://www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp
Resources for Undocumented Students
- Association for Latino Allies for Student Success (ALASS) at Palomar
- AB 540 and Immigrant Resources at Palomar
- Quick Guide to College Access
- Resource Guide for Undocumented Students
- E4FC – Educators for Fair Consideration
- Life After College Booklet
California University Resources
- University of California – Undocumented Student Resources
- California State University – Dream Act site