Course and Program Outcomes Goals & Timeline
All active courses & programs practice ongoing assessment. Course and program outcomes must be assessed at least once every 3 years in order to align with the College's program review cycles. The College's goals for assessment of course and program outcomes are:
- All courses and programs have at least 2 outcomes defined in Nuventive Improve (TracDat)
- All active course and program outcomes have completed an assessment cycle (assess, reflect on results, improve) within the past 3 years.
- Where applicable, course and program outcomes are aligned to the College Outcomes. Consider using the College Outcomes Timeline to assess course and program outcomes aligned college outcomes.
- Course outcomes are aligned to program outcomes to ensure that student are meeting the program learning outcomes.
- Assessment cycles are documented in Nuventive Improve (TracDat) and include the following:
- Assessment method
- Assessment results and reflection of results
- Plans for improvement
Active courses include:
- Course and programs that have been offered in the last three years.
- Course and programs that are not scheduled for deactivation.
For assistance planning an assessment timeline for a discipline or program, contact the Faculty SLO coordinators.
College Outcomes Timeline
For more information about College Outcomes, visit the College Outcomes Assessment Framework
Year One (2019-2020)
College Outcomes 1 and 2: Communication and Computation
Analysis of students core communication and computation skills
Year Two (2020-2021)
Outcome 3: Creative, Critical, and Analytical Thinking
Inquiry within the discipline
Year Three (2021-2022)
Outcome 4: Community, Multicultural/Global Consciousness and Responsibility
Extension to the community