Required Trainings for All Palomar College Employees
Palomar College faculty, staff, and administrators receive trainings routinely as required by law so that the College’s workforce know how to receive and report incidents of sexual misconduct to the Title IX office in a respectful and compassionate way. Employees take the following trainings during the cycles specified below through the College’s 3PD Portal.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for Supervisors (A.B. 1825 compliant – required every two years)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for Non-Managers (S.B. 1343 compliant – required every two years)
- Title IX: Regulations and Roles (for supervisory staff – required annually)
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Employees (for non-supervisory staff – required annually)
Trainings for Title IX Personnel
The District’s Title IX Coordinators, investigators, hearing officers, decision-makers, and those who conduct informal resolution processes participate in Title IX trainings regularly. These trainings build upon current knowledge of the law and its practical application to Title IX resolution and investigation processes to ensure that fair and objective processes are followed for each party. Materials for these trainings are provided below.
- Title IX Final Rule Released: What You Need to Know Now (presentation) | Title IX Resources (additional documentation) Presented by CUPA-HR
- The Title IX New Regulations: How to Effectively Prioritize and Implement New Title IX Regulations Presented by Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Title IX Investigator Training Presented by T9Now
- New Title IX Regulations: Compliance Training for California Community College Districts Presented by Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
- Top Ten Things to Know About the New Title IX Regulations Presented by Liebert Cassidy Whitmore