Important Information About COVID-19
Pursuant to the Palomar College COVID-19 Recovery Plan (PCCRP)
- Prior to coming to campus, students and employees are required to complete the daily health pre-screening form on the My Palomar App. Information on the App is here.
- While indoors, all employees, students and visitors to campus are required to wear a facial covering, regardless of vaccination status. This includes classrooms and all campus meeting spaces.
- Face coverings do not need to be worn outside, regardless of vaccination status.
The Teaching & Learning Center (TLC) Escondido is a multifunctional space for students and faculty to use and exchange ideas. The large central area provides students with space where they may study or receive tutoring and learning assistance from tutors and staff.
The reception area is where students can ask questions, sign in for tutoring, proctoring or Skillshops. Three smaller rooms provide students with a private space to have group study sessions or to meet with an instructor. A larger instructional classroom provides instructors a space to conduct Skillshops for students and faculty. The TLC has up-to-date technologies like data projectors, an Intelliboard, wireless internet, and universal access services for students with disabilities.
The TLC staff strives to create a pleasant working space for everyone.
We invite you to visit us!
The mission of the Palomar College Teaching and Learning Center is to promote student success by providing student support, academic advising and coaching, referral to services, educational and career planning, supplemental instruction workshops, and tutoring. In addition, we strive to create a pleasant working space where students and faculty can come together and exchange ideas and promote a deeper level of student and faculty engagement.
The Goals of the TLC are to:
- Promote academic success through the effective use of support services
- Improve faculty-student contact outside of the classroom
- Offer the best tutoring and study group support
- Assist students with identifying their educational and career goals
- Increase retention, persistence, and success for all students
- Provide a welcoming space for professional development opportunities for faculty
The TLC is CRLA Certified