We are celebrating San Diego Hunger Awareness Month with exciting news! Starting next week, the Anita & Stan Maag Food & Nutrition Center will be opening for students by appointment only. Students will need to:
- Complete the Information Form
- Once the Information Form is completed, you will be provided a Food Order Form and link to SignUp Genius to schedule your appointment (Tuesday, Wednesdays only). A Diaper Order form will also be provided.
- All District COVID-19 mandates will be followed which are outlined on the Information Form Confirmation and the subsequent Food Order Form confirmation.
- All orders will be picked up at the Food & Nutrition Center entrance (SU-40)
- If you cannot pick up an order on Tuesday or Wednesday, please contact this extension x2529
- Though the Nutrition Center services/hours will be currently limited, they do plan to expand as student help is hired and COVID restrictions are eased
Emergency Funding/ COVID-19 Grants (CARES/HEERF Funding)
“Palomar College is happy to announce we have new funding to assist eligible students with costs associated with attending college courses during remote operations as a result of COVID-19. Whether you need help with books, enrollment fees, food and or other costs we encourage you to apply now! Awards will be prioritized for students with exceptional need, and funding will be allocated until exhausted.”
So proud of our TRIO SSS student Oseas Garcia! Way to go TRIO Star!
The Rose M. Hartley Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by Mission Federal Credit Union honors retired Palomar College Executive Vice President Rose Hartley for her service in the community & leadership. Congrats to Oseas Garcia, 1st-gen college student who models Rose’s commitment to community, family, & leadership!