Class of 2017
TRIO/SSS is a federally–funded program designed to support our students in completing their post-secondary education at Palomar College, as well as helping them transfer to a four year university. We are a program who is committed to the success of first-generation, low-income, and/or students with a disability. Our main mission is to empower and guide our students to a higher education in hope of higher success and more job opportunities.
To increase the graduation and transfer rates of eligible students and assist them in the transition from Palomar College to a four-year university of the student’s choice. As a program we want to provide as many resources to our students and successfully help them in transferring and help them earn an Associates degree while being at Palomar College.
All services are provided to all eligible participants free of charge.
- Academic, Career, and Transfer Advising
- Textbook Support
- Priority Registration
- Tutorial Services
- College and University Tours, Visits, lectures, and Fairs
- Computer Lab (Free printing)
- Gas Cards
- School Supplies
- Use of Laptops, Calculators, Ipads and Digital Recorders
- Scholarship Information and Assistance
- Academic Success Workshops
- Leadership and Personal Development Workshops and Programs
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- College and University Search and Major Planning Meetings
- Academic and GPA Monitoring
- Mid-Semester Evaluations
- SSS Graduation/Transfer Recognition Ceremony
- And much more!