In order to apply to TRiO SSS, students must fit the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Legal/Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled in At Least 12 units at Palomar College.
- Have Academic Goals of transferring to a 4-year University.
- Demonstrate academic need as determined by the TRiO/SSS Program Director.
As well as:
- Be a First Generation college student (Neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D Degree ). If either parent has an Associates degree, you are still eligible as a First Generation college student.
- Be disabled.
- Be considered Low Income (Based on Federal Income Guidelines).
Please click on the Red link below to see if you qualify under our Low-Income Eligibility:
Income levels are based on the number of people in your family unit as claimed on your taxes.
Federal TRIO Programs Low Income Levels.
Please fill out the Interest Form before applying.
Four documents are required to complete the application package.
1. TRiO/SSS Participation Application: Download the application here. TRIO App 2018
2. Income Verification:
- Signed copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040 if you are independent and/or a Veteran Affairs recipient under the age of 24
- A signed copy of your parent/spouse’s (or other person who claims you) Federal Tax Form 1040 if you a dependent and/or under the age of 24.
3. If a student/parent did not file income taxes, submit an Income Verification Form (download a dependent Income Verification Form here, and an independent one here. Forms are also available in the TRiO/SSS office).