Step One: Determine Your Eligibility
In order to apply to TRIO SSS, students must fit the following criteria:
1. Program Requirements (Students must meet all of the following):
- A U.S. Citizen or a Legal/Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled Full Time (12 units) or as a DRC Student Enrolled (9 units).
- Have Academic Goals of receiving an associate’s degree/certificate, and/or transferring to a 4-year University.
- Demonstrate academic need as determined by the TRIO SSS Program Director.
2. Eligibility Requirements (Students must meet at least ONE of the following):
- First Generation college student (Neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD Degree ). If either parent has obtained an Associates degree, you are still eligible as a First Generation college student.
- A part of the Disability Resource Center.
- Considered Low Income (Based on Federal Income Guidelines).
Please click on the Red link below to see if you qualify under our Low-Income Eligibility:
Income levels are based on the number of people in your family unit as claimed on your taxes.
Federal TRIO Programs Low Income Levels.
Step Two: Fill Out the TRIO Application
1. Please fill out the Interest Form before applying.
Step-by-step video on filling out Student Application: https://palomar-edu.zoom.us/rec/play/KAb43O186I6SrUF4WKStC5_cU731VDZ_Bot7ZK01DxC_c0Wnh7lDnR8Uj5xfRwZ-CLfh_R7LvcqgLvdI.qijtgg8r4lhCb7Og?startTime=1618530403000
2. TRIO SSS Participation Application:
Step Three: Other Documentation
- Recent high school graduates and those coming to Palomar from a different Community College will need to supply their most recent unofficial transcripts.
2. DRC Verification:
- If you have a verified disability and are a member of the Disabilities Resources Center, you will need to submit a DRC Verification Form to the DRC.
Step Four: Submit Your Application Packet!
1. Required Materials
- TRIO Application
- Most recent unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
- DRC Verification Form (if applicable)
2. Online Submission
- Submit interest form (located above under Step Two)
- After your interest form is screened by staff, a TRIO application will be sent to your Palomar email
- Please include all the documents listed as attachments in the email, and use the following format in the subject: “TRIO Application”, Applicant’s First Name, Last Name, Student ID