In order to apply to TRiO SSS, students must fit the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Legal/Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled in At Least 12 units at Palomar College.
- Have Academic Goals of transferring to a 4-year University.
- Demonstrate academic need as determined by the TRiO/SSS Program Director.
As well as:
- Be a First Generation college student (Neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D Degree ). If either parent has an Associates degree, you are still eligible as a First Generation college student.
- Be disabled.
- Be considered Low Income (Based on Federal Income Guidelines).
Please fill out the Interest Form before applying.
Four documents are required to complete the application package.
1. The TRiO/SSS Participation Application. Download the application here.
2. A copy of your Social Security Card.
3. Proof of citizenship/legal residence. If permanent resident, please provide Permanent Resident card.
4. Income Verification must be complete and singled along with supporting documentation form EDD/Social Security/Social Services for unemployment, off/on disability, EFDC, et. (only ONE of the following is required).
- Signed copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040 if you are independent and/or a Veteran Affairs recipient under the age of 24.
- A signed copy of your parent/spouse’s (or other person who claims you) Federal Tax Form 1040 if you a dependent and/or under the age of 24.
- If a student/parent did not file income taxes, submit an Income Verification Form (download a dependent Income Verification Form here, and an independent one here. Forms are also available in the TRiO/SSS office).