Step One: Determine Your Eligibility
In order to apply to TRiO SSS, students must fit the following criteria:
1. Program Requirements (Students must meet all of the following):
- A U.S. Citizen or a Legal/Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled Full Time (12 units) or as a DRC Student Enrolled (9 units).
- Have Academic Goals of transferring to a 4-year University.
- Demonstrate academic need as determined by the TRiO/SSS Program Director.
2. Eligibility Requirements (Students must meet at least ONE of the following):
- First Generation college student (Neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD Degree ). If either parent has obtained an Associates degree, you are still eligible as a First Generation college student.
- A part of the Disability Resource Center.
- Considered Low Income (Based on Federal Income Guidelines).
Please click on the Red link below to see if you qualify under our Low-Income Eligibility:
Income levels are based on the number of people in your family unit as claimed on your taxes.
Federal TRIO Programs Low Income Levels.
Step Two: Fill Out the TRiO Application
1. Please fill out the Interest Form before applying.
2. TRiO/SSS Participation Application:
Step Three: Other Documentation
1. Income Verification:
- Signed copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040 if you are independent and/or a Veteran Affairs recipient under the age of 24
- A signed copy of your parent/spouse’s (or other person who claims you) Federal Tax Form 1040 if you a dependent and/or under the age of 24.
2. If a student/parent did not file income taxes, submit an Income Verification Form
- Recent high school graduates and those coming to Palomar from a different Community College will need to supply their most recent unofficial transcripts.
4. DRC Verification:
- If you have a verified disability and are a member of the Disabilities Resources Center, you will need to submit a DRC Verification Form to the DRC.
Step Four: Submit Your Application Packet!
1. Required Materials
- TRiO Application
- Income Verification
- Most recent unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
- DRC Verification Form (if applicable)
2. In-Person Submission
- All forms necessary to complete this application are available in our San Marcos Office (TCB-1) or our Escondido Office (ESC-5).
- Your application packet may also be completed at home and brought to our office in person.
3. Online Submission
- Online submission of your application is now available through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include all the documents listed as attachments in the email, and use the following format in the subject: “TRIO Application”, Applicant’s First Name, Last Name, Student ID