SAN DIEGO ACCESS AND CRISIS LINE: 1-800-479-3339
- San Diego County resources and crisis counseling. Live counselors available 24/7.
Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
Alcohol & Drug Counseling
Domestic Violence Counseling
- Elevate America Veteran’s Initiative Voucher Program-Microsoft on-line training and certification program (NO COST for eligible veterans and eligible spouses)
- Eligible Spouses: the spouse of any veteran who died of a service-connected disability; a member serving on active military duty who is listed as missing in action, captured in the line of duty by a hostile force, or forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power; or a veteran with a total service-connected disability rating or one who died being evaluated for it).
- Education training to build skills in Microsoft programs including Windows 7, Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Windows Server (Networking, Active Directory) and SQL Server. For additional information on obtaining your free vouchers, please e-mail Jane Herrick at JaneH@workforce.org or call Jane at 760-414-3558. To learn more about Elevate America, please visit the link below.
- California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office-Education related resources for veterans
- GI Bill – Provides information on education benefits.
- Military Connection – News, articles, and resources.
- Military OneSource – Consultants can connect service members, recently separated veterans and their families to local, state and county resources.
- Mobile App: PTSD Coach– Can help you learn about and manage symptoms that commonly occur after trauma.
- San Diego Network of Care – Provides a listing of various services for service members, veterans, and their families.
- TurboTap – Contains information about veterans benefits, employment, education and other topics of concern for transitioning military members and their families.
- Vet Center Webpage– Describes the services provided by the Vet Centers and their locations.
- Vet Fran– Website provides information for veterans interested in opening a franchise business or finding a job.
Personal Counseling and Support Groups
Veterans Compensation and Benefits
Last modified on May 30, 2014