Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success

Veterans Services

Serving Those Who Served

Current Student

Welcome Back!

Refer to our New Student portal if it has been one year or more since your last certification here at Palomar College.

Follow these steps if you attended the previous semester at Palomar:

  1. Enroll in classes via eServices. 
    • How to select which classes to enroll in.
      • Evaluation of Major –  once your official evaluation has been completed, it will be emailed to you and kept on file in the Veterans Office. This evaluation can be used as a tool in determining what classes to take toward your official declared major.
      • Education Plan – You can view your Educational Plan via eServices from your student center.  Here you can find the General Education guide assigned to your major along with your declared major and external major (if you are transferring).
      • Advising Guide/College Catalog/ – Using these you can pull up the  General EducationMajor and External Major associated with your major and fill in the blocks. Read all notes and ensure any previous classes from other schools are applied as well. The VA only pays for classes REQUIRED for each category.
  2. Visit the Veterans Resource Center.

How many units are considered full time?

*Rotate device to view full table.*

  16 week Session 8 week Session 6 week Session 4 week Session Pay Status Equivalent
 Units 12 6 4 3 Full Time
9 4 3 2 ¾ time
7 3 2.5 1.5 >½ time
6 2 1 1  <½ time = No BAH

 Note: Post 9/11 Education Benefit pays to the nearest 10% of the student status. For example, if you are considered ¾ time (75%) the VA will pay 80% of the full-time BAH rate.

Note: Federal privacy laws restrict the type of information we provide on the phone. We can only provide general information to students regarding their file. Parents and Spouses are reminded that we cannot provide information about the student without a written release signed by the student authorizing staff to discuss the record.

Last modified on February 7, 2020

Sign up to receive up to date information on Veteran Benefits and Palomar College services!

AB 705 requires community college districts to maximize the probability that a student will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in Math and English within a one-year time frame by utilizing assessment measures that include High School performance to achieve this goal. Further information can be found at the California Community Colleges System’s Office web page: