- New Student Checklist: Use this checklist to complete the steps necessary to file your claim for VA education benefits.
These forms may be submitted digitally. To be considered official, it must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Palomar Student email:
- Parent School Letter: Students requesting a Parent Letter from the Palomar VSO must show proof of enrollment at the Secondary/Guest school.
- VA Tutoring Instructions: Read this flyer to start the VA tutoring reimbursement process and to determine eligibility.
- Tutorial Assistance Approval Sheet: Prior to getting any tutoring under the GI Bill you MUST have the need for tutoring verified and the tutor approved. Submit the form to your instructor for signature verifying your need for tutoring. Once you have the instructor’s signature submit the completed form to the Veterans’ Services Office (VSO) for approval.
- Semester Certification Request: Students must complete this form each semester and turn it into the VRC.
- Add/Drop Class: Use by students to inform the VRC that they dropped or added classes to their current certification.
- Evaluation Request: Request form for the school to process an evaluation request on student’s transcripts and current major(s). Required by the VA.
- Incomplete Grade: Use by students to inform the VA on incomplete grades. Student’s reason and plan to receive a letter grade.
- VA Benefit Coding Request: Students must fill out this form to be coded as a veteran in Eservices and receive priority enrollment. Open the PDF file and fill in all red boxes. When completed, save the file with your last name and student ID as the name (e.g. smith123456789) and email to email@example.com with “coding request” in the subject line.
(*Files in Adobe Acrobat PDF format work best with Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the FREE Acrobat Reader if you don’t already have it.)
Note: Federal privacy laws restrict the type of information we provide on the phone. We can only provide general information to students regarding their file. Parents and Spouses are reminded that we cannot provide information about the student without a written release signed by the student authorizing staff to discuss the record.