Palomar College Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Palomar College’s Pre-Apprenticeship program offers 10 courses related to construction and will be offered at various locations in partnership with Palomar College. Each course will be taught by Palomar College faculty.
New classes start on September 22, 2020!
Due to COVID-19, only Online classes will be held for OSHA 10 and ADULT FIRST AID/CPR during the FALL 2020 semester.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.
Please search for class 73881-“OSHA 10 Certification” when enrolling.
Please search for class 73885-“ADULT FIRST AID/CPR” when enrolling.
- 901 Introduction to the Building Trades Industry
- 902 OSHA 10 Safety
- 903 First Aid – CPR – AED
- 906 Essential Skills
- 908 Construction Math
- 909 Construction Print Reading
- 910 Tools
- 920 Carpentry Hands-on Skills or
- 930 Electrician Hand on Skills or
- 940 Sheet Metal Hands-on Skills
The program is offered in partnership with San Marcos Adult School and all classes will be held there.
Students who enroll and complete all 10 courses of the pre-apprenticeship program will earn certifications that meet apprenticeship entry requirements:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 Certification*
- Certificate for First Aid from the American Red Cross*
- Certification for CPR/AED from the American Red Cross*
- Certificate of Completion from Palomar College
*OSHA and Red Cross certifications may have certain requirements that students need in order to be awarded.