Palomar College Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Palomar College’s Pre-Apprenticeship program offers 10 courses related to construction and will be offered at various locations in partnership with Palomar College. Each course will be taught by Palomar College faculty.
- 901 Introduction to the Building Trades Industry
- 902 OSHA 10 Safety
- 903 First Aid – CPR – AED
- 906 Essential Skills
- 908 Construction Math
- 909 Construction Print Reading
- 910 Tools
- 920 Carpentry Hands-on Skills
- 930 Electrician Hand on Skills
- 940 Sheet Metal Hands-on Skills
For fall 2018 the program will be offered in three locations:
Students who enroll and complete all 10 courses of the pre-apprenticeship program will earn certifications that meet apprenticeship entry requirements:
- Certificate of Completion from Palomar College
- Certificate for First Aid from the American Red Cross*
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 Certification*
- Certification for CPR/AED from the American Red Cross*
For more information, please contact James Hayes, Pre-Apprenticeship Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
*OSHA and Red Cross certifications may have certain requirements that students need in order to be awarded.